Bluefield @ Richlands

SWVsportsNUT

I think it will be a respectful score, and things can always happen.  No one gave Richlands much of a chance last week, and deservedly so, but things happened that were not foreseen and the Blues won.  Going into this game it looks like there is no chance in heck that Richlands wins, but things can happen! Go BLUES!!!

I wish Graham was away this week because I'd like to go watch this game. I may be wrong but it seemed as if Bluefield was in "cruise control" after the first offensive play against Graham. Their O line had our D line going by our Safeties on their heels. I have no doubt Richlands will give it all they got. Sometimes our best just isn't good enough.

Bluefield by at least 14.

I'll say this much, Bluefield this year is probably the best all around team I have ever seen in person.  Their secondary has eyes on the ball and makes adjustments to make the play.  Going to be very hard to go deep on them unless you have a very speedy receiver.  The passing to the flats and quick hits is the best thing you can do to them and they react quick to it and have solid tackling so there is no YAC.  Good luck trying to get to the edge on them either.  Even with the speed that we have they shut it down quick.  If Richlands has a week front line it will be a long night for them.  Could be wrong like I was last week about them but I don't see this as ever being a close game.  Even if they pull starters and let Richlands think they are going to try and come back look for it to get shutdown real quick.

Bluefield is beatable.  They are having trouble defending the short passes out to the flats and that's had them on their heels a bit when teams can execute that against them. I don't see Bluefield dominating this game by any stretch and I think it'll come down to a late score for who ever wins this game.

I am gonna say Richlands 10-7 with a late field goal by Levi Forrest lol

Seriously, it looks like Bluefield is the real deal just based on the scores of their games and what people have said about them.  I know Richlands will come to play.  I feel Richlands needs to establish an "effective" running game and mix in the short passes.  A methodical approach is likely Richlands best chance.  Bluefields speed may very well be the difference.  I know Blacksburgs sure was!!!  Hoping for a good game

Ultimately it sounds like it will come down to how mush protection Race gets and the time he has to get those passes off as to how close this game will be or if Richlands has a chance for a W.  Bluefield has some major size and speed on that defensive line which is going to make things very difficult. Not to mention the beaver secondary which is pretty darn good as well. But with all of that said playing at Richlands is always a hard place to play for opposing teams. Is it Friday yet?!? 😂 

Agreed, Race makes great decisions but if he is pressured by a great pass rush, it will very likely be a long night for the Richlands passing game!!  Just hope we can get the running game established which would in turn slow down the pass rush some!!

20 hours ago, mv91 said:

I am gonna say Richlands 10-7 with a late field goal by Levi Forrest lol

Seriously, it looks like Bluefield is the real deal just based on the scores of their games and what people have said about them.  I know Richlands will come to play.  I feel Richlands needs to establish an "effective" running game and mix in the short passes.  A methodical approach is likely Richlands best chance.  Bluefields speed may very well be the difference.  I know Blacksburgs sure was!!!  Hoping for a good game

Agree with you, but Richlands has to come out fired up from the first whistle like they did in beginning of the second half against BG.  I beleieve turn overs will play a part in this game and hope the officials don't get flag happy.  I think Richlands has a good chance and if history serves me, (and I may be wrong), Richlands has been one of the few teams in the area to recently beat Bluefield two years in a row, so with my "Heart of Blue", I'm going with Richlands 24 Bluefield 21

2 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Agree with you, but Richlands has to come out fired up from the first whistle like they did in beginning of the second half against BG.  I beleieve turn overs will play a part in this game and hope the officials don't get flag happy.  I think Richlands has a good chance and if history serves me, (and I may be wrong), Richlands has been one of the few teams in the area to recently beat Bluefield two years in a row, so with my "Heart of Blue", I'm going with Richlands 24 Bluefield 21

Totally agree about coming out fired up.  I think you should always be fired up for a football game but especially when you have the chance to upset a team the caliber of Bluefield!!  Go Blues!!

11 hours ago, mv91 said:

Totally agree about coming out fired up.  I think you should always be fired up for a football game but especially when you have the chance to upset a team the caliber of Bluefield!!  Go Blues!!

They never had a chance of upsetting Bluefield. Sorry, I'm a realist.