Bluefield @ Richlands

SWVsportsNUT

37 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Is there any 2a teams up north got anything for Bluefield....I was up there last year working and kept up with the top teams.but not up there this year so I don't know who is good up north in wv.

I don't keep up with Wv football that much. I may be incorrect on this information. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Fairmont Senior is coming to mind as a potential contender to Bluefield. I believe it was at the Graham/Beaver game this year it was mentioned they had a RB from Tennesee that had transferred there. He was supposed to be the real deal. 

1 minute ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Fairmont Sr is on the same level as Bluefield. Point Pleasant is good but not that good. Bridgeport is actually winning close games vs very bad teams. They aren't even on the same planet this year.

Just now, GMan said:

Bridgeport is down this year in comparison to how they've been.  Point Pleasant is decent.  Fairmont Sr. is the only team in WV AA that has the athletes to compete against Bluefield.

Great minds think alike...

That's who they played in wheeling last year isn't it...I was at that game..shew it is colder than a mother-in- laws love on that island that time of year..and if Bluefield makes it to the title game this year ill make the trip up there...unless the blues are still alive that Saturday.

I was surprised this game turned out the way it did,  That 80 yard bomb right after Richlands tied it a 10 was a huge response from Bluefield but the real back breaker for Richlands was throwing the interception and then giving up that last TD before the half.  You could really see the body language of the Richlands team change late in that first half.  They were already having a lot of trouble with the line and Bluefield just wore them out physically.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, Gridiron60 said:

They never had a chance of upsetting Bluefield. Sorry, I'm a realist. 

Everyone has a chance, but have to agree, Bluefield is one if not the best high school football teams I've had the opportunity to watch during my 50+ years of watching high school football.  That is for sure, one special team, and I doubt they loose a game this year.  My hats off to them and I hope they go undefeated.