Wolfpack @ GC

Grapeape

If GC will focus on the run game early and use their size they can keep it close.  What gets them in trouble is the 3-5 step drop and chucking it down the field to nobody or the other team.  Limit the turnovers early and we're looking at a possible 4 quarters with no running clock again for the 2nd straight week.

RV-38 GC-12

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Damn shame that Chris Akers instructed them boys to fumble 7 times. 

This team lacks any fundamentals and that rests squarely on the shoulders of the head coach.  To fumble as much as this team does tells me they aren't used to getting hit in practice.  GC hurt themselves last night. They were very capable of keeping the score close but kept turning the ball over.

I'm not sure but did Ridgeview even attempt more than 10 passes?  They couldn't have completed more than 40% of them if they did.  A couple of times they tried to go deep but the qb was missing them.  The stud rb was good.  GC doesn't know how to hit and you can't arm tackle him.  Is there any chance he may transfer to a bigger school?  I personally wouldn't think so since he's already getting the attention where he's at now.

Ya, I heard about the scoreboard, so dumb. I was told they replaced the bulbs and now they keep blowing. Sounds like the wattage is too much or the wrong kind of bulbs. That current scoreboard has served its time in my opinion, it was replaced around the turn of the millennium, time to upgrade. Maybe Coach Reed will get us a new one next year with nice bright LEDs...I like scoreboards that have the “ball on __ yardline” would be a nice option too. 

Last "upgrade" to the scoreboard, they just painted a piece of metal and put a new "face" on it instead of replacing the thing.

Also if you guys love Akers so much, offer him a job in January. Sounds like schools should be lined up for him.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:43 PM, Hokie101 said:

This team lacks any fundamentals and that rests squarely on the shoulders of the head coach.  To fumble as much as this team does tells me they aren't used to getting hit in practice.  GC hurt themselves last night. They were very capable of keeping the score close but kept turning the ball over.

I'm not sure but did Ridgeview even attempt more than 10 passes?  They couldn't have completed more than 40% of them if they did.  A couple of times they tried to go deep but the qb was missing them.  The stud rb was good.  GC doesn't know how to hit and you can't arm tackle him.  Is there any chance he may transfer to a bigger school?  I personally wouldn't think so since he's already getting the attention where he's at now.

There is a former NETN coach who comes to watch Trenton every chance he gets... it definitely has me concerned somewhat.  

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

There is a former NETN coach who comes to watch Trenton every chance he gets... it definitely has me concerned somewhat.  

I hope he stays.  In today's age, exposure comes from the camps during the summer so he obviously has been seen by some of the P5's.  I don't necessarily see the advantage of moving unless there are schools he likes farther away that haven't seen him.