Question?

Tigers_07

if you could pick two former athletes from the school they played for in the past (1 offense and 1 defense) and put them on this years team, who would those two former athletes be?

i'll start it off. for me, since i graduated from Honaker high school in 2007. on offense, and i know some would think Heath Miller on this one, but im not one of them, i'd go with Logan Ball RB and for defense, either one of the Dye boys (Joey or Travis) LB

I'd go with James Mitchell, obviously, and hmm..... Jeb Stidham would be a great pick, but Union has a decent DL. Maybe one of the linebackers off the 2017 team or a secondary player like Cameron Fannon. 

Can we not play the offensive player on defense? Mitchell was an EXCELLENT FS/ROVER on defense. 

Devon Johnson could be RB and LB lol but I will go Devon RB with Caleb Jennings a close 2nd and Will Lowe at DE, he was a beast.  Shane Wicks a close 2nd at LB because he could lay the wood and of course "The Hit" in State Semi.  He was a beast as well and showed a lot of toughness playing through injuries such as a torn meniscus, etc.!!

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

EDIT-nevermind I misread.

Unions at a disadvantage here, as school is still new. If we could include former PV and Appalachia guys, well it's a different story lol.

Yes you can include Powell Valley and Appalachia for Union

4 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I will be impressed if anybody can tell me who these two players are, without the assistance of Google lol.

Beattie Feathers - offense

Mike Locke - defense

I didn't Google but will try to guess.

I remember reading Beattie Feathers name...Possibly in a History with Hayes article. I'm thinking it was from many, many years ago.

Mike Locke, if I remember correctly, was an outstanding scholar-athlete.  I'm thinking he played at William & Mary (or some other school I could never get in) before returning to coach VHS.  

2 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I didn't Google but will try to guess.

I remember reading Beattie Feathers name...Possibly in a History with Hayes article. I'm thinking it was from many, many years ago.

Mike Locke, if I remember correctly, was an outstanding scholar-athlete.  I'm thinking he played at William & Mary (or some other school I could never get in) before returning to coach VHS.  

2 hours ago, tornado99 said:

Beattie Feathers was NFL'S first 1000 yard rusher and Virginia High alum. I read about him years ago.

If I could like these twice, I certainly would! Color me impressed! 

Kudos, gentlemen!