Tazewell @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Backyard Brawl time. 

Both teams are 2-3. Richlands has played the much tougher schedule and has won 15 straight against Tazewell. 

Tazewell has athletes and speed, which the Blues have struggled with at times. 

Should be a dog fight (no pun intended). 

Richlands will win this one. Tazewell's defense isn't where it needs to be yet. 

On a side note. Congrats to Levi on a great field goal last night. Let's all hope he is surrounded by good people in his life. He has a chance to play for a good program on Saturday's.

I seriously believe Tazewell will have a chance to bring it home this year, especially if Richlands don't step there O-Line up, and defense. Tazewell has an exploding offence this year when they really show there talent. Tazewells D is also better this year also. Its really based on how tazewell comes out playing. If they play anything like they did against river view, it's gonna be richlands game, if tazewell plays like they did against bluefield they should hold up pretty good. I went to both games, Tazewell VS. Bluefield, & Richlands VS. Bluefield and Tazewell played way better against Bluefield then Richlands did. Either way, I think it's gonna be a 1 touchdown game. 

18 hours ago, T_Town5 said:

I seriously believe Tazewell will have a chance to bring it home this year, especially if Richlands don't step there O-Line up, and defense. Tazewell has an exploding offence this year when they really show there talent. Tazewells D is also better this year also. Its really based on how tazewell comes out playing. If they play anything like they did against river view, it's gonna be richlands game, if tazewell plays like they did against bluefield they should hold up pretty good. I went to both games, Tazewell VS. Bluefield, & Richlands VS. Bluefield and Tazewell played way better against Bluefield then Richlands did. Either way, I think it's gonna be a 1 touchdown game. 

Yea way better, and Tazewell gave up 60. Hmmm ok

Haven't seen them in person, but Tazewell's young players look very impressive on film. This game may come down to 2 things...Tazewell's ability to get to the QB and Richlands' ability to keep that Bulldog speed behind the line of scrimmage. If they both succeed, going to be a boring game. If they both fail, could be a shootout.

I think Richlands wins 31-28 on a 63 and 2/3 yard field go by Levi Forrest.

The way I see it is if Tazewell can catch the edges on runs, nobody on Richlands defense will be able to catch Harris or Jones.  Every week I see Mike Jones play I think wow!  He has got to be one of the best players I have seen.  Our passing defense is one of the better ones than in the past so it will be interesting to see how they match up against the air raid attack.  Being at Richlands is always good for extra 10-12 for them.  However if it should come down to the kicking game, no contest on that part.

I'm excited about it and think/hope it's going to be a good one.  Would not be surprised in the least if the dogs can pull it out!

15 hours ago, zcounts61 said:

Definitely a 7 piont game either way.

Go Dawgs!!

I really hope you are right, I like a close game, but don't think this will end up that way.  Tazewell has talent, but to many coaching mistakes, and their line play is still not a match for Richlands.  This will be a good game for the first half, but Richlands pulls away in the second.

4 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

I really hope you are right, I like a close game, but don't think this will end up that way.  Tazewell has talent, but to many coaching mistakes, and their line play is still not a match for Richlands.  This will be a good game for the first half, but Richlands pulls away in the second.

Elaborate coaching mistakes, please? 

Line play? Biggest Richlands player on the line this year is 250 lbs, right?

I know Hurley is no Richlands, but their lineman were 300 pounds and some. And Tazewell man handled them. The line has done nothing but gotten better each week! If Tazewell wants to win this game they have to come out firing on all cylinders from the start and not wait till 2nd half. If the offensive line can hold blocks long enough for Harris and Jones to get to the outside (They Gone). I expect this game to be like last year’s game being determined in the final minutes of the game. Just hope the Bulldogs come out on top!

29 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I know Hurley is no Richlands, but their lineman were 300 pounds and some. And Tazewell man handled them. The line has done nothing but gotten better each week! If Tazewell wants to win this game they have to come out firing on all cylinders from the start and not wait till 2nd half. If the offensive line can hold blocks long enough for Harris and Jones to get to the outside (They Gone). I expect this game to be like last year’s game being determined in the final minutes of the game. Just hope the Bulldogs come out on top!

Didn’t know that Richlands scored 24 points in the final minutes of the game last year. Pretty sure the Blues scored 14 in the first half 

17 minutes ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Didn’t know that Richlands scored 24 points in the final minutes of the game last year. Pretty sure the Blues scored 14 in the first half 

Sure you’re wrong, but WTF ever! 

2 minutes ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Sadly I’m not wrong, but I like showing when others are. Like you said whatever, we shall see Friday night

Okay Mr Perfect! It was 7-0 with around 7 mins left in the 4th!!!! So keep trying!!! And what shall we see?