Tazewell @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

2 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I actually think this will help Tazewell. Tazewell has a lot of speed. Richlands has none. The turf will help Tazewell. Tazewell has to defend three plays. The wide receiver screen, the pass to the tight end and the run right up the middle. If they can do that more often than not they can win. Most importantly they have to believe they can win. I actually believe they are more talented than Richlands.  Tazewell 36  Richlands 35

That would be a fantastic upset for Tazewell and boost their confidence level tremendously. They've got talent and are only going to get better. This seems to be the slowest & weakest Richlands team in recent memory. They've basically got Moir and Horn. Add  maybe Cole & Brown but they're slow in comparison to Tazewell. I'm glad to see their program headed in right direction and Coach Harris has provided some stability they'd been lacking. 

41 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I actually think this will help Tazewell. Tazewell has a lot of speed. Richlands has none. The turf will help Tazewell. Tazewell has to defend three plays. The wide receiver screen, the pass to the tight end and the run right up the middle. If they can do that more often than not they can win. Most importantly they have to believe they can win. I actually believe they are more talented than Richlands.  Tazewell 36  Richlands 35

"Most importantly they have to believe they can win." 

Very very accurate.

11 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

"Most importantly they have to believe they can win." 

Very very accurate.

I think they have the belief.  After coming off of a dominant win over Hurley all the way around and last years close match they know they can win.  More depth this year than last year and more speed this year.  Plus not playing in the mud pool that was Hurley last week.  I haven't felt this good about the Dogs chances since the 08 season!

Unfortunately, I may have to miss the game 😞 due to a far off out of state death.  But no matter if I am able to make it or not, I will be geared up and energized for this one.

Let's go Bulldogs!!!

19 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I think they have the belief.  After coming off of a dominant win over Hurley all the way around and last years close match they know they can win.  More depth this year than last year and more speed this year.  Plus not playing in the mud pool that was Hurley last week.  I haven't felt this good about the Dogs chances since the 08 season!

Unfortunately, I may have to miss the game 😞 due to a far off out of state death.  But no matter if I am able to make it or not, I will be geared up and energized for this one.

Let's go Bulldogs!!!

Sorry for your loss.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

We don’t really have a tight end this year. We run screens, slants, crossing patterns and deep balls. I don’t think it’s as simple as you’re making it sound. It just looked simple for Bluefield last week. 

19 minutes ago, T_Town5 said:

God for bid you say something about richlands. However, I guess that’s how they got the name ************. 

1. This is a board where people are free to talk about whatever they want within the limits of the rules. People have the right to make a statement, others have a right to refute or add to that statement.  

2. That language is not within the rules. 

How about them Blues!!!! How did they beat Tazewell that had nothing but speed and good defense and a good offense. Blues had no speed none at all and are not tough. Hmm I must have watched a totally different game bc Tazewell had no speed and there was no WOW speed from them. Blues run them down and keep them in check all night. 34-0 dang how about them dogs. See y’all boys next year and btw 16 years and counting.

8 minutes ago, Gil'sBlues said:

How about them Blues!!!! How did they beat Tazewell that had nothing but speed and good defense and a good offense. Blues had no speed none at all and are not tough. Hmm I must have watched a totally different game bc Tazewell had no speed and there was no WOW speed from them. Blues run them down and keep them in check all night. 34-0 dang how about them dogs. See y’all boys next year and btw 16 years and counting.

There is a lot that could be said back to you about the game and sportsmanship. I honestly thought we were better than that. Still not overly impressed with richlands on offense but they have a pretty good d line. Tazewell killed every drive they had with penalties and why they didn't pass is beyond me. Guarentee I'll be around here when the dogs day comes and maybe just have to rub it in myself...

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

There is a lot that could be said back to you about the game and sportsmanship. I honestly thought we were better than that. Still not overly impressed with richlands on offense but they have a pretty good d line. Tazewell killed every drive they had with penalties and why they didn't pass is beyond me. Guarentee I'll be around here when the dogs day comes and maybe just have to rub it in myself...

It’s going to happen within the next 2 years...

13 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Terrible Game Plan by Tazewell.  Seriously out-coached and talent was wasted.  Tazewell starts 8 or 9 freshmen and sophomores both ways.  Nothing to hang their head about, but I thought this game would be closer.  

I was very surprised by the outcome tonight.  I thought Richlands would win, but in a much closer fashion. Based on what I saw, I thought the score could have been much worse. During the first half especially, Richlands stopped themselves more than Tazewell. 

I have no doubts that there will be brighter days for the Dawgs, and I wish them the best. However, based on what I saw, I certainly don't believe victory in the next two years is a foregone conclusion. I was impressed with Tazewell's skill position players, but I am not sure about their line, depth, and development.  Richlands had some underclassmen contribute tonight,  with many returning to the offensive line next year. Tazewell may have their best chance soon, but I wouldn't be so bold. 

Congratulations on a hard fought game by both teams.

Edited by tornado99
Grammar

17 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Terrible Game Plan by Tazewell.  Seriously out-coached and talent was wasted.  Tazewell starts 8 or 9 freshmen and sophomores both ways.  Nothing to hang their head about, but I thought this game would be closer.  

Will agree with that. Not sure why they stuck with the run when they had been working on quick hits and passes to the flats. Thought would he a close one no matter who won. The speed is there and athletes as well. Bring more size for tazewell line and more experience and that day will come. Plus the fact they come to bulldog stadium next year 🙂

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don't believe Richlands will hold Tazewell to zero. Richlands is slow, Tazewell has speed. They may not win but I still say Tazewell plays hard and scores at least once. 

Well now we know ! I was trying to be respectful to Tazewell at 24 - 0

I was excited to see this game get back to what it used to be but that didn’t happen.  

I had told Brady and Eugene today that I thought people (Eugene included) were taking Richlands’ 2-3 record into account and how “slow” they looked against Blacksburg and Bluefield and putting too much stock into that. 

Richlands isn’t as fast as it was when Howie and Ball and Collins  etc were there. But we aren’t slow either. We have average team speed. We did have the fastest player on the field though in freshman Sage Webb. He was on the opposite sideline and caught Jordan from behind to preserve the shutout. 

Heckuva game by the defense to shut Tazewell out for the 3rd straight season. Only crossed our 50 twice. That’s something not many (myself included) could have predicted. 

I’m sure Tazewell will be fine, but the gap didn’t close. It widened. 

On to Marion. Good game, Dogs. 

1 hour ago, Gil'sBlues said:

It comments like this that keeps me from coming on here and giving congratulations where due! But no where in this thread did I say Tazewell would win! It is what it is, some just can’t win with class!

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I was excited to see this game get back to what it used to be but that didn’t happen.  

I had told Brady and Eugene today that I thought people (Eugene included) were taking Richlands’ 2-3 record into account and how “slow” they looked against Blacksburg and Bluefield and putting too much stock into that. 

Richlands isn’t as fast as it was when Howie and Ball and Collins  etc were there. But we aren’t slow either. We have average team speed. We did have the fastest player on the field though in freshman Sage Webb. He was on the opposite sideline and caught Jordan from behind to preserve the shutout. 

Heckuva game by the defense to shut Tazewell out for the 3rd straight season. Only crossed our 50 twice. That’s something not many (myself included) could have predicted. 

How is my stock doing now ?? Was being respectful at 24 - 0 !!😊

Hard fought ball game on both sides. Sage Webb is going to be an all star for the Richlands group in the coming years if he stays with it. Tazewell is right there, right theeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeee on the cuff on being very good, but the boys hung their heads very quickly and were exhausted. Seen a lot of Tazewell players on the turf tonight, which is a shame, hope nothing comes up major. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to see Tazewell do well and be in the game with Richlands and Graham, they always seem to "two to three years" away from a good team. I like the Tazewell coach though. He is keeping the kids there and growing!

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Not sure if youre talking about sportsmanship amongst players or from the post. But on Tazewells first drive alone i seen #3 get up from a tackle and elbow a defender on the ground as he was getting up right in front of me and the ref. Couple plays later mightve been the same player not sure. But he got up after a tackle and in plain view of me and the ref he literally kicks the defender on the ground. No flags for either. I know Richlands had a couple unsportsmanlike penalties but were for running their mouth. Theres absolutely no sense in elbowing or kicking a defender after the play is over especially after u ran for a nice chunk of yards. 

2 hours ago, Gil'sBlues said:

Hey @mv91 this is where the -2 million comes from 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Y'all have another easy win coming next week enjoy it