Tazewell @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

3 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

It comments like this that keeps me from coming on here and giving congratulations where due! But no where in this thread did I say Tazewell would win! It is what it is, some just can’t win with class!

Well if u read my post I never called anyone’s name out. Just what many ppl had put on here

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

There is a lot that could be said back to you about the game and sportsmanship. I honestly thought we were better than that. Still not overly impressed with richlands on offense but they have a pretty good d line. Tazewell killed every drive they had with penalties and why they didn't pass is beyond me. Guarentee I'll be around here when the dogs day comes and maybe just have to rub it in myself...

Yea I agree it will happen at some point when who knows but streaks don’t last forever 

6 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Not sure if youre talking about sportsmanship amongst players or from the post. But on Tazewells first drive alone i seen #3 get up from a tackle and elbow a defender on the ground as he was getting up right in front of me and the ref. Couple plays later mightve been the same player not sure. But he got up after a tackle and in plain view of me and the ref he literally kicks the defender on the ground. No flags for either. I know Richlands had a couple unsportsmanlike penalties but were for running their mouth. Theres absolutely no sense in elbowing or kicking a defender after the play is over especially after u ran for a nice chunk of yards. 

Referring to comments on here. One specifically. The players we have e chippy both sides as we saw a few things from our side as well. I'm not going to defend our team as they let their emotions get the better of them a few times. Richlands was doing the same and I agree the refs let a lot of things go that should have been called and kept tempers in check. 

To @Ryan4VT Webb only caught jordan because of the angle he took. He is fast I'll give him that. But I'd love to see him vs Jones in open space. We couldn't get into open space was the problem and be curious to see how they rebound at the fort this coming week.

Not sure if youre talking about sportsmanship amongst players or from the post. But on Tazewells first drive alone i seen #3 get up from a tackle and elbow a defender on the ground as he was getting up right in front of me and the ref. Couple plays later mightve been the same player not sure. But he got up after a tackle and in plain view of me and the ref he literally kicks the defender on the ground. No flags for either. I know Richlands had a couple unsportsmanlike penalties but were for running their mouth. Theres absolutely no sense in elbowing or kicking a defender after the play is over especially after u ran for a nice chunk of yards. 

Referring to comments on here. One specifically. The players we have e chippy both sides as we saw a few things from our side as well. I'm not going to defend our team as they let their emotions get the better of them a few times. Richlands was doing the same and I agree the refs let a lot of things go that should have been called and kept tempers in check. 

To @Ryan4VT Webb only caught jordan because of the angle he took. He is fast I'll give him that. But I'd love to see him vs Jones in open space. We couldn't get into open space was the problem and be curious to see how they rebound at the fort this coming week.

46 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

You can say that again!

Tazewell simply does not have the mindset. This game should have been closer with the talent they have. For the most part they are 17 years old in the 10th grade. So the excuse of "they are young" can only be used so much. 

I wasn't expecting them to win tonight but I wasn't expecting this outcome. Blame it on coaching, play calling, refs, or whatever these kids need to find a way to win. They're better than this showing.

7 hours ago, T_Town5 said:

Other than graham richlands should win out. Other than fort chiswell, tazewell should too. I’m also a little worried about Marion too, haven’t seen how they play. 

Nothing to worry about when it comes to Marion 

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

That may be true. I’m just going by what I saw. I don’t know that the angle truly helped thet mich. he was on the numbers on the home side when Jordan got loose and still made it up. I know the angle helps. 

I agree on Tazewell not getting into open space. At all. Was very surprised they didn’t test the deep ball any more than they did. If Blevins could progress as a passer a little more, that would open up a lot of options in TTown. 

I think coaching made a difference and also the strength of schedule,  and I'm not looking down on Tazewells schedule as much as I am talking about the tough one the Blues have played.  They were use to the speed Tazewell had,  and knew how to contain it becuase of playing teams like Blacksburg, W Byrd and Bluefield and the U.Bears.

Tazewell is coming,  I think there is no doubt about it,  but they were up against a team that has been tested by one of the toughtest schedules around and I do think that and coaching made a difference.

Good luck to Tazewell the rest of your season !

21 hours ago, T52OS said:

Well now we know ! I was trying to be respectful to Tazewell at 24 - 0

I stand corrected. Tazewell didn't score. They should have but they hurt themselves many times. I stand by my opinion that the Dawgs have a better chance of beating Richlands next year than they did this year. 

Been out of town, was only able to listen to the game, and was totally surprised with the outcome.  I thought this would be close until the fourth quarter, but it didn't play out that way.  The only question i have is why Tazewell didn't throw the deep ball more?  Everyone is saying next year, next year, well if the coaching for the Dawgs don't improve then next year will come and go with the same results.  The Dawgs have a very talented bunch of players, but in my opinion (I know everyone has one) the players were not used in the right way.  I didn't hear anyone say anything about any changes made after the half on the Taz. coaches part and maybe I'm mistaking but did anyone at the game see any adjustments?

I hope the best for the Taz. players, they are really trying, and would love to see their talent being used in the right way.

Very limited play book against Richlands. No adjustments made in second half. Tazewell attempted to run the ball into the heart of Richlands defense. Didn't find a way to get the athletes into open space with few exceptions. Tazewell defense played with some emotion and were in place to make plays but missed tackles. Race Moir dominated on short downs, extending drives. Tazewells pass D looks to have improved a bit.