Lee High @ Union

Unionguy_2017

Did the changes in the secondary make Union better on defense or was they better before? 

I didn’t get to go to Morristown West but seemed to be a great ballgame.

Lee High and Union always match up good, but I just don’t see Lee High being able to match up and stop the power running game, or the quickness of Union.

Bears 42 Generals 13

13 minutes ago, #BBN said:

Did the changes in the secondary make Union better on defense or was they better before? 

Lee High and Union always match up good, but I just don’t see Lee High being able to match up and stop the power running game, or the quickness of Union.

Bears 42 Generals 13

Secondary looked better but a lot of room for improvement.  Lots of wide open receivers.

'THROWBACK' Stories via Bristol Herald Courier featuring Lee High in one article and Powell Valley in the other...

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

On this date seven years ago (9/30/2011), Lee High's Tyler Graham rushed for 490 yards on 25 carries in a loss to Wise County Central: https://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/prep-football-graham-reflects-on--yard-night/article_c451f9d2-ef3d-5244-9e58-1813c60d7dac.html 

DoX84pbU4AAbcot.jpg

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

On this date 24 years ago (9/30/1994), Powell Valley's Thomas Jones rushed for 462 yards on 23 carries -- at the time a single-game #VHSL record -- against J.I. Burton.

2 hours ago, #BBN said:

Bears 42 Generals 13

Much better when we we nickel. It was a hybrid nickel/dime, four DL, Polier, Aaron Stidham and rest were DBs

Lee will come out fired up.

But I don't think getting in a power set (wishbone or power I) and running into the teeth of the union D is a good strategy for Lee

Union 35 Lee 14 

Lee will continue to be mediocre to bad. 

Situation will not change even if school board changes over next year and they replace the whole UT staff.  

It is a culture problem.  

5 hours ago, Bigdog said:

LHS had some good teams back in my day.  What has happened to them? 

Bears big.   

Should have kept the moose Union has on their team now.  

From my understanding, blame the Lee staff for that. 

If a person was at LHS SCHOOL,PRACTICE, and GAMES for a year they might know why a player went from LHS to Union.  IF not, then you have no idea.  It does not matter if Lee is in a wishbone I or spread Union has better players. 

mute point now,  just enjoy watching what the kid does for the game.  I don't care who any kid plays for,  just play physical like it's supposed to be.  lots of kids went that direction when the 4 lane didn't exist,  so it's easier travel to jobs outside the county.  good luck to both. 

23 hours ago, Bigdog said:

I see not just our coaching staff checks the board 

23 hours ago, Bigdog said:

I see not just our coaching staff checks the board 

Wrong, but who cares!! Mason is a good player on a good team with some good coaches.  Hope it is a good game with no injuries and safe travel for fans.