GC @ Marion

Grapeape

51 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

Gate City by 20 

Ain't no way. GC has trouble scoring 13 points a game. I say Marion 28 GC 13. 

Hopefully next season we get Calhoun back at the fb position where he is needed running out of the T. 

53 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I honestly think Gate City can win this game... I'm going to pick them anyway.

They can and most likely will win this one. Marion has dropped off the map from last years team

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

There’s a map? GC hasn’t seen a map since 2014. 

He hasn't seen Marion in a couple of weeks and quite frankly, it's the smartest decision anyone has made in a while. It's been ugly, and I'm not talking the "at least they're trying" ugly. The "REAL ugly" kinda ugly. The kind of ugly that hurts a school's gate revenue. Too much parental politicking and not enough self-accountability from the players. I'd like to think that they turned the corner during the second quarter against Lebanon when they finally found their offense, but we'll see. If they didn't, this game comes down to the wire, and it becomes the last winnable game that Marion plays this year.

17 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

Sorry not this time. 

Marion rolls 35 to 7

I've seen GC, I'm guessing about 7 turnovers again sounds right for them. 

You can't win if you can't hold on to the ball consistently. 

Gate City looked much better against Ridgeview than the final score indicates.  As you've said about the turnovers, that really made the difference in the game actually being fairly close to it being the blowout that it was.  I don't know much about Marion this season, but I think this can be a winnable game for GC.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I just wonder if number 2 might get to carry the ball anymore this season? He seems to do a nice job when he gets the chance. 

Put the correct fullback back there and watch number 2 boogy around the corner there again to many wrong positions don’t make a right 

I think #55 is doing a great job at guard. His drive blocking is beautiful. Too bad he’s not a twin so GC could have him in both spots. As I’ve said before, I think the 2018 o line features three potentially all-region players. This is why is it extremely frustrating to continually watch the opposing defenders crunch GC’s backs as they’re taking the handoff...

and our pass protection: 🤢💩🤢💩🤢💩

The line has size that's why I feel like GC could have hung with Ridgeview last week.  GC just couldn't get out of their own way with all the fumbles.  They have no pass game but when they decide to throw it downfield it's almost always an interception.  All they need to do is run it up the middle and when the defense cheats run a jet sweep with #2 or #11.

22 hours ago, Grapeape said:

I think #55 is doing a great job at guard. His drive blocking is beautiful. Too bad he’s not a twin so GC could have him in both spots. As I’ve said before, I think the 2018 o line features three potentially all-region players. This is why is it extremely frustrating to continually watch the opposing defenders crunch GC’s backs as they’re taking the handoff...

and our pass protection: 🤢💩🤢💩🤢💩

He is a great linemen but he can move the ball for us to