GC @ Marion

Grapeape

On 10/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Plywood_King said:

He hasn't seen Marion in a couple of weeks and quite frankly, it's the smartest decision anyone has made in a while. It's been ugly, and I'm not talking the "at least they're trying" ugly. The "REAL ugly" kinda ugly. The kind of ugly that hurts a school's gate revenue. Too much parental politicking and not enough self-accountability from the players. I'd like to think that they turned the corner during the second quarter against Lebanon when they finally found their offense, but we'll see. If they didn't, this game comes down to the wire, and it becomes the last winnable game that Marion plays this year.

Nothing like bad sports parents to ruin a program or get in the way of what a coach tries to do. 

5 hours ago, Grapeape said:

As for my opinions on Mr. Akers, I will continue to accurately depict his incompetence - just as anyone would if this cancer metastasized on your program. 

A player on the G.C. team is raising money this season for childhood cancer research.

You callously use metastasized cancer as a metaphor to describe his Coach because you feel he's incompetent.

The arrogance and sense of entitlement has gone from amusing and annoying to disturbing and reprehensible.  

You seem to be a bright, intelligent, and humorous guy.  But spewing this vitriol about a good and decent man does not "unconditionally support the kids."  It only undermines the program and teaches them to behave poorly as adults.

Grapeape is not for the Gate City kids. 

His first statement when he started this topic proves his real intent.  And I quote, "Word is that the GC coaches have guaranteed victory! 😂". 

Who would put that online if you wanted your team to win?  Everyone knew the game might be close and he just wanted to stir up the other team and give them motivation.  

He does not want Gate City to win.  His only intent is to harass, bully, discriminate and give retaliation to Coach Akers.

26 minutes ago, Devil's Advocate said:

Grapeape is not for the Gate City kids. 

His first statement when he started this topic proves his real intent.  And I quote, "Word is that the GC coaches have guaranteed victory! 😂". 

Who would put that online if you wanted your team to win?  Everyone knew the game might be close and he just wanted to stir up the other team and give them motivation.  

He does not want Gate City to win.  His only intent is to harass, bully, discriminate and give retaliation to Coach Akers.

I wouldn’t doubt it if he’s one of the GC “fans” who have given the GC fan base a bad name around the area when GC is a powerhouse.