Fight?

BigO

Fight? More like a scuffle. I’ve seen more punches land in the nursing home.  

But on the serious note, those idiots should not be allowed to coach any longer.  I’d be upset as a parent. I’m not a soft person, but those kids deserve better than that. Hopefully those “men” were not the kids fathers. 1) Because it sets a bad example 2) Their dad doesn’t know how to throw punches. 

The game was well in hand for Wise, and one coach standing on the field was jawing with the Clintwood staff essentially the entire fourth quarter. The game was stopped once to tell them to cool it, but the jawing and trash talk from BOTH sides was prominent. Cooler heads did not prevail and adults from both sides decided their own personal pride was more important than the youth they a supposedly serving, and providing leadership for a few days a week. 

As someone stated above, this is the second MAJOR issue in two years with RV, and I’ve seen it escalate a few times other than those incidents as well. Their bad apples right now are really making it tough for the good ones (and there are wayyyy more great folks over there than not so great), to shine. The culture definitely needs to focus on who they allow to represent them in a public setting. Sure you’re going to have loud mouths everywhere, but a serious adjustment needs to be made, especially with a great program on the rise.

2 minutes ago, chipinbogey said:

The game was well in hand for Wise, and one coach standing on the field was jawing with the Clintwood staff essentially the entire fourth quarter. The game was stopped once to tell them to cool it, but the jawing and trash talk from BOTH sides was prominent. Cooler heads did not prevail and adults from both sides decided their own personal pride was more important than the youth they a supposedly serving, and providing leadership for a few days a week. 

As someone stated above, this is the second MAJOR issue in two years with RV, and I’ve seen it escalate a few times other than those incidents as well. Their bad apples right now are really making it tough for the good ones (and there are wayyyy more great folks over there than not so great), to shine. The culture definitely needs to focus on who they allow to represent them in a public setting. Sure you’re going to have loud mouths everywhere, but a serious adjustment needs to be made, especially with a great program on the rise.

Well said sir... 

What happened was awful and the people involved look like idiots, but to imply that it's the 2 high schools fault is ludicrous and not the rapper.  Most high schools have nothing to do with little league or than allowing them to use their fields.  They are separate entities (for lack of a better word) and I'm sure the head varsity coaches from both programs were as embarrassed as most.  I would hope so at least.

I’m very well aware of that fact. I’m only referring to the programs as they refer to themselves, Central Warriors and Clintwood Wolfpack. My insinuation was not to reflect on Coach Owens or Mullins, but to the little league organizations themselves. Some that are not as in the loop as we are will gloss over and paint all football represented under one banner though and there is no changing those folks minds. That is why I said there needs to be serious examination of all that represent their community on any level of football or any sport for that matter. 

This is a problem almost everywhere and with a number of different sports.  Galax has had a handful of serious issues over the past 5 years.  Fortunately (or unfortunately), none have been caught on video for the world to see.  It's only a matter of time before that happens though.  When it does, I hope the videos go viral.  These incidents have to stop and those who insist on acting a fool like this need to be kept far away from youth sports!

The Galax Recreating Department refuses to acknowledge they have a problem.  These "coaches" keep "coaching" while incidents continue to pile up.  Maybe our new police chief will step in and something will get done.  The old police chief was worthless!

This is not only the case in sports but in every aspect of life in 2018. The my way and my way only attitude is ingrained into society. From politics to pee wee sports there is no exception, no middle ground or working for a compromise that will benefit all. This is what happens when you teach a generation that their wants, needs, preferences and feelings are most important no matter what the cost. I can name sports program after program where some parents prefer losing just as long as little Johnny or Susie gets their playing time and all the sideline coaches have it their way. 

As far as grown men acting like children, a permanent ban from the sideline and stadium all the way to the high school level should be the punishment. It would go a long way in stopping this idiocy. 

13 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Dude in the grey shirt with the beard must think he’s a real bad ass coming up from behind and taking a dude down!!  All of them should be ashamed and banned from coaching!

I noticed him as well.  Seemed to be stalking as if he were looking for someone to engage. 

Having coached little league football for 8 years, I can tell you there is no shortage of ignorance and stupidity. There's always that one mom that's talking trash or that one dad that's going to beat someone's ass. 

I'll never forget we were participating in the Big Blue Bash football tournament one year in Richlands. Our first game that morning was against Wise. They broke a long run for a touchdown right up the middle 2nd or 3rd play of the game. Their coaching staff started talking trash across the field to us and our kids. That happened to be the last time they scored. We proceeded to beat the brakes off of them. That particular group wasnt the most sports man like for sure. 

Let your performance in whatever sport it is do your talking for you. Keep your mouth shut was always our motto. 

I hate to berate Wise so much, but there's definitely a history there. Went to a LL Baseball tournament up there a few years back and the police were called. That was my first experience ever seeing police called to a LL sport of any kind. Talked to a parent and they said that they had never been to a LL baseball tournament in Wise that the police weren't called. After a while, you start to notice a pattern.

Wise coaches jeering Clintwood coaches and Clintwood players saying they were even smack talking them. Doesn’t make anything ok but it’s just as disgusting as the fight itself. I would be ashamed to be affiliated with either program, but especially wise. They have a long history of this kind of garbage. Just for the record I’m not involved in this in any way nor am I from Clintwood or Walmart. My kids are grown and I never played wise in L. L. No sour grapes, it’s just what you hear all the time with them. 

8 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Having coached little league football for 8 years, I can tell you there is no shortage of ignorance and stupidity. There's always that one mom that's talking trash or that one dad that's going to beat someone's ass. 

I'll never forget we were participating in the Big Blue Bash football tournament one year in Richlands. Our first game that morning was against Wise. They broke a long run for a touchdown right up the middle 2nd or 3rd play of the game. Their coaching staff started talking trash across the field to us and our kids. That happened to be the last time they scored. We proceeded to beat the brakes off of them. That particular group wasnt the most sports man like for sure. 

Let your performance in whatever sport it is do your talking for you. Keep your mouth shut was always our motto. 

Bluefield, WV’s youth sports programs are also well renowned for that sort of “sportsmanship”.  Just about saw some Bluefield West coaches start fights with my son’s team’s coaches in tee-ball.  Tee-ball!  And it just gets worse from there.

I’d like to see Bluefield, WV play Wise in more youth sports.  Bring your phones fully charged...

On 10/1/2018 at 9:39 AM, chipinbogey said:

Youth league administrators need to stomp (no pun intended) this culture out by having a zero tolerance policy.  Empower the officials to eliminate morons and toss their butt out of the game.  If you eject them and they refuse to leave, forfeit the game or call the police.  Nothing better to set the example than seeing a turd wearing a pair of Smith and Wesson's to the back of the cruiser.  Gotta have someone with a pair of balls to say "not on my watch."