Lebanon vs Graham

Gridiron60

I'm just hoping the Pioneers stay healthy. A surprise would be nice, but it isn't going to happen. The pioneers are too young, lack depth, and inconsistent. They've yet to play a full game at their potential. Sorry Pioneers but we will be 0-6 heading into a showdown with the Devils at homecoming, which looks like it could be a good one. 

Graham 50

Pioneers 14

10 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Here's my prediction. 1 or 2 unsportsmanlike penalties, 4 or 5 offsides, false start, or face mask penalties. Trip down memory lane to our pee wee offense on our way to 49-14 win. The two additional players should be a big help.

I'm betting they beat the 12 they had at Wise and definitely the 10 or so from last week. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point in the season. My favorite word to describe this team "undisciplined".  They've got a few short weeks to get it together or it will be a repeat of the whippin' Union gave them last year in playoffs. Heck, it may be a whippin' against Richlands & VA High. 

7 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm betting they beat the 12 they had at Wise and definitely the 10 or so from last week. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point in the season. My favorite word to describe this team "undisciplined".  They've got a few short weeks to get it together or it will be a repeat of the whippin' Union gave them last year in playoffs. Heck, it may be a whippin' against Richlands & VA High. 

Could not agree with you more. Graham is a good football team, but being undisciplined is what's stopping them from being great. The fault falls on both the players and coaches. Players for not being mature enough and the Coaches for not correcting the issues. Cam Allen's touchdown last week is a perfect example. Showboating and talking trash on the way to scoring a touchdown (against a team that has not won a game), only to be taken away. Graham has always had false start and offsides problems, but the unsportsmanlike penalties are uncalled for.  Mark my words, Richlands will destroy Graham this year and not because Richlands has more talent, but due to the fact they have better coaching and are disciplined. 

1 hour ago, bgibb said:

Could not agree with you more. Graham is a good football team, but being undisciplined is what's stopping them from being great. The fault falls on both the players and coaches. Players for not being mature enough and the Coaches for not correcting the issues. Cam Allen's touchdown last week is a perfect example. Showboating and talking trash on the way to scoring a touchdown (against a team that has not won a game), only to be taken away. Graham has always had false start and offsides problems, but the unsportsmanlike penalties are uncalled for.  Mark my words, Richlands will destroy Graham this year and not because Richlands has more talent, but due to the fact they have better coaching and are disciplined. 

They've got the talent to be great but the coaches need to reign those boys in big time. Unsportsmanlike conduct like Cam Allen's last week is ridiculous! Actions like that need to be sat down on sidelines Cam Allen or whomever. Just my humble opinion, others might disagree. 

20 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They've got the talent to be great but the coaches need to reign those boys in big time. Unsportsmanlike conduct like Cam Allen's last week is ridiculous! Actions like that need to be sat down on sidelines Cam Allen or whomever. Just my humble opinion, others might disagree. 

The coach has to believe there's a problem first. I'm not so sure he does.

Then since you 2 know so much then why don’t you take yourself down to there practice and discipline the team!  If not keep holding the chains!! 

I love how everyone thinks they know so much.  Everyone wants coach Palmer’s job on Friday night but not Saturday to Thursday 

8 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

Then since you 2 know so much then why don’t you take yourself down to there practice and discipline the team!  If not keep holding the chains!! 

I love how everyone thinks they know so much.  Everyone wants coach Palmer’s job on Friday night but not Saturday to Thursday 

If what they are saying is false, prove it. 

23 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

I don't know how practices are run but there is the old adage, you play on Friday night how you practice Monday through Thursday. This season the team as a whole is undisciplined. They are racking up penalties like frequent flyer miles. Missed tackles upon missed tackles, not sticking to assignments, etc. I hate to see with  the talent they have not go as far as they can in playoffs. If they could get their act together, I have no doubt they could compete with anyone in the playoffs. I'm hoping to see improvements the second half of the season. 

56 minutes ago, Comegetsum said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7723961

Making a statement about a team needing more discipline does not mean someone wants Palmer's job. 

When you go back to when he took over, the football program was on life support. At that time there was zero drive to win. I can fully understand there was a definite need for "attitude" if you will. I just think in big games it will cost them with the mental errors. 

13 hours ago, swva_fan said:

The coach has to believe there's a problem first. I'm not so sure he does.

I know from friends I have that are Graham supporters, they love the coach and he relates to them well.  That in itself can be the problem.  Just like with parenting, you have to draw the line at being to much friend and have rules and discipline that isn't always popular.

11 hours ago, Comegetsum said:

I call a spade a spade my friend. Believe me, I have the upmost respect for Coach Palmer and what he has done with our program since he has taken over. We have gone from a team that was getting scheduled for everyone's homecoming, to a team that is a threat every year. But it doesn't take Lee Corso to tell us that this team is undisciplined. That doesn't mean these young men are causing trouble or are not good upstanding young adults. It means their emotions get the best of them on the field. Great players and teams learn to channel that emotion and use it productively instead of negatively. 

57 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I think the Graham team this year is the most disciplined that I've seen in years. They showed good sportsmanship all game when they came to Giles.

They show respect when respect is given to them...

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Graham is the “U” total swagger and nobody else is gonna be able to stop them 

lol seriously? If there is a program most fans would not want their high school to resemble, it's that 80s-90s Miami team and their antics. I can't imagine many Graham fans want that reputation.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

lol seriously? If there is a program most fans would not want their high school to resemble, it's that 80s-90s Miami team and their antics. I can't imagine many Graham fans want that reputation.

Well, since the Town of Bluefield’s zoning doesn’t allow buildings above 4 stories, there will be no repeat of the famous music track “Seventh Floor Crew”.

40 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Well, since the Town of Bluefield’s zoning doesn’t allow buildings above 4 stories, there will be no repeat of the famous music track “Seventh Floor Crew”.

Hah I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that.

Greg Olsen rapping LOLOL

Graham played much more disciplined across the board last night. Maybe because it was Lebanon and the "hype" wasn't needed. I don't know but they did much better.

Last night's officiating crew has no business helping out this morning at the local little league games. I try my best to never complain about the officials but that crew last night was the worst I have ever seen. They were as lost as last year's Easter egg. The entire crew has no business officiating high school football games.

46 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Graham played much more disciplined across the board last night. Maybe because it was Lebanon and the "hype" wasn't needed. I don't know but they did much better.

Absolutely this.  Graham played with its head screwed on right for the first time this season, and that’s the team I was expecting to see coming out of the summer.  Graham has the athletes to be playing in December.  I hope everyone in Bluefield realizes that once can be a fluke, while twice and more can be a trend.  Make it a trend, and make it a habit.

Graham played much better although it's hard to gauge when the other team is so lacking (mean no disrespect to Lebanon). This week will tell the tale. If they can keep it together against VA High, they may have a chance against Richlands.