1. Glenvar   25.33333

2. Radford   21.83333

3. Gretna   20.50000

4. Appomattox   20.00000

5. James River   18.80000

6. Giles   17.50000

7. Ft. Chiswell   16.60000

8. Martinsville   13.80000

It's sad that teams with some of these teams record will make the playoffs...and I'm including Giles in this also...if we go 4-6 it's an absolute joke to go to the playoffs...and Martinsville will have a record worse than that...don't care who you play if you win 1 or 2 games out of 10 your season should be over

30 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It's sad that teams with some of these teams record will make the playoffs...and I'm including Giles in this also...if we go 4-6 it's an absolute joke to go to the playoffs...and Martinsville will have a record worse than that...don't care who you play if you win 1 or 2 games out of 10 your season should be over

I agree. I don’t think any team under .500 deserves to make it to the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

If Glenvar goes 10-0, it will be hard for a Region D team to out point them, but Ridgeview might be able to do it. I have the Pack finishing with 27.x final rating.

I can’t see Glenvar getting out pointed if they finish 10-0. They’re going to rack up on bonus points from Galax and Radford. But we’ll see!

I am not up to date on the playoff seeding and such as much as I used to be.

What will Glenvar out pointing Ridgeview effect? The playoffs are set up like they used to be now with 4 regions(groups) and if both are a 1 seed what will it effect. I know, not too many years ago, the VHSL did the east and west section but have gone back to the 4 regions I think? Again I am not up to date so someone can fill me in on the setup for playoffs. Granted a lot of football is to be played and each team could lose. I would like to just know the playoff format. 

19 minutes ago, DB-6130 said:

I am not up to date on the playoff seeding and such as much as I used to be.

What will Glenvar out pointing Ridgeview effect? The playoffs are set up like they used to be now with 4 regions(groups) and if both are a 1 seed what will it effect. I know, not too many years ago, the VHSL did the east and west section but have gone back to the 4 regions I think? Again I am not up to date so someone can fill me in on the setup for playoffs. Granted a lot of football is to be played and each team could lose. I would like to just know the playoff format. 

The winner of C and D will play each other in the semifinals. The team with the higher power points gets home field 

36 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I can’t see Glenvar getting out pointed if they finish 10-0. They’re going to rack up on bonus points from Galax and Radford. But we’ll see!

Yep. It may come down to the wire, but I would give Glenvar the edge right now. 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, Hokiebird7 said:

If I am not mistaken the region Riverheads plays in, only has 7 teams. So each  team gets in and the top seed gets a first round pass. 

On 10/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, Optimal62 said:

If I am not mistaken the region Riverheads plays in, only has 7 teams. So each  team gets in and the top seed gets a first round pass. 

Six teams as Rappahannock County is ineligible for postseason.  Last year there were two 0-10 teams in the playoffs out of this region and it is trending that those two teams will be 0-10 again this year as well.

4 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

Me too.  I wish the format was like this back in those days.

Makes you wonder how many of those teams could have won it all with their "2nd chance" instead of watching from the stands. I guess that's the best thing about football though, sometimes you only get 1 chance. No 2 out of 3 or 4 out of 7.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, Optimal62 said:

Region B has 10 schools but 3 don't field football teams so, this is correct.  Sussex, Surry and Franklin are moving from Region A to Region B next cycle to give the playoff format more balance. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Makes you wonder how many of those teams could have won it all with their "2nd chance" instead of watching from the stands. I guess that's the best thing about football though, sometimes you only get 1 chance. No 2 out of 3 or 4 out of 7.

I remember a good Clintwood team not making it one year, can't remember what year but I believe they were 8-2.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, Honaker was 9-1 and didn't make it which is crazy to think about nowadays.  I believe Haysi had a couple of seasons with 3 or fewer losses and didn't make the playoffs.  I'm sure there are plenty more too.

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

should be top 4 on each region,  you want to make it then step up your game.  less than .500 wouldn't make it on most occasions. participation trophies and extra $ for vhsl, for what? 

But if you do that, then last year both Marion (5) and Grayson (6) don’t get in and they were 8-2 and 7-3 if I recall correctly. And Grayson knocked off 9-1 Ridgeview and Richlands came within 90 seconds of sending 1 seed Union home after round 1. 

Sure. There are some duds, but you also get crazy moments where an 8 beats a 1 (happened in 3 different classifications last year). 

I like it at 8 for regions with 12+ teams. 

Only those scared to play teams with below .500 records should worry about records of teams in playoffs.

If a 2-8 team plays a solid schedule and gets in, who cares. The team playing them should prepare and play to win. 

If a 8-2 team loses to a 2-8 team then that's on them.

It will never be perfect but I would much rather have all teams that deserve to be in on the field than back when one loss kept good teams out of the playoffs (i.e. 2003 Honaker)

27 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Only those scared to play teams with below .500 records should worry about records of teams in playoffs.

If a 2-8 team plays a solid schedule and gets in, who cares. The team playing them should prepare and play to win. 

If a 8-2 team loses to a 2-8 team then that's on them.

It will never be perfect but I would much rather have all teams that deserve to be in on the field than back when one loss kept good teams out of the playoffs (i.e. 2003 Honaker)

Too much logic here, Give the kids another game. IF you win in this format, then you are truly the state champ.