Tazewell @ Fort Chiswell

THS6805

1 minute ago, robtom said:

as for what you are missing.......principle dyer has his brother and wife teaching in the same school where he is the principle

Dyer didn't hire Derrick.  Derrick was basketball and baseball coach at Fort Chiswell for a decade before Dyer came to Fort Chiswell.  Dyer was at Rural Retreat.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:53 AM, Ryan4VT said:

I tend to agree, but that Grundy game will be tough. Fiser is the best RB in SWVA. 

Little late coming to the party after a long trip.  But maybe you have seen something that we haven't.  I know can't use the transitive properties however, all Grundy could do was muster up 14 against Hurley.  On a mud pool field Tazewell dropped 52 on them.  Mike jones had 156 yds on 6 carries.  I'm not saying that Jones is the best but I do have to question just how good Fiser really is.

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Little late coming to the party after a long trip.  But maybe you have seen something that we haven't.  I know can't use the transitive properties however, all Grundy could do was muster up 14 against Hurley.  On a mud pool field Tazewell dropped 52 on them.  Mike jones had 156 yds on 6 carries.  I'm not saying that Jones is the best but I do have to question just how good Fiser really is.

There are a couple factors that make it different. 

1. I think the field may have been a little worse for Grundy. I’ve seen pics of each of Hurley’s last two games and the field looks much worse in the Grundy game. I wasn’t there so that could be wrong. 

2. Tazewell has multiple players that can beat most teams. You key on Harris and Jones or Blevins gets you. They also have Jordan. So you have to defend more weapons and that leads to a different defense. Grundy pretty much only has Fiser, she becayse or that he gets 8+ in the box to try and stop him. 

I fully expect Tazewell to win out though. Never imagined that would be the takeaway here and not the fact that Sheets and I agree on something. 😂

On 10/10/2018 at 3:28 PM, Ryan4VT said:

There are a couple factors that make it different. 

1. I think the field may have been a little worse for Grundy. I’ve seen pics of each of Hurley’s last two games and the field looks much worse in the Grundy game. I wasn’t there so that could be wrong. 

2. Tazewell has multiple players that can beat most teams. You key on Harris and Jones or Blevins gets you. They also have Jordan. So you have to defend more weapons and that leads to a different defense. Grundy pretty much only has Fiser, she becayse or that he gets 8+ in the box to try and stop him. 

I fully expect Tazewell to win out though. Never imagined that would be the takeaway here and not the fact that Sheets and I agree on something. 😂

Didn't see field for grundy but honestly can't imagine the field being any worse than it was. After 1st qtr it was a mud pit. 

You two agree?!?! The apocalypse must be coming!!!