Coaching Hot Seat/Coach Looking To Move On

50kw

Reed will take over at Gate City(hopefully). Gate City will go undefeated next year on their way to the 2019 championship. What's going to be the most impressive thing about their run to the championship is they won't have a single turnover along the way. 2019 can't get here fast enough.

43 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

Reed will take over at Gate City(hopefully). Gate City will go undefeated next year on their way to the 2019 championship. What's going to be the most impressive thing about their run to the championship is they won't have a single turnover along the way. 2019 can't get here fast enough.

Somebody wake 99Bama up, he's dreaming again.  This is Gate City you're talking about, not Alabama. Lol

Lee high head coaches all seem to have 4 year stints which mirrors the elections. Its year 3 I believe.

I personally like the change to the bone if you ask me, but I've not watch a lee high game in its entirety since they played TWHS so I'm on the outside looking in.

1 hour ago, 50kw said:

There are a few obvious signs of coaching changes on the way. What are you hearing across SWVA Sports land?

Can't wait for the Reed Vs Houseright show down over becoming the next head coach at Gate City. Abingdon's coach is an interim hire so they may be looking for a new coach. Wise Central needs to make a change ASAP. I would add Holston to the list but they seem content with losing seasons. 

21 minutes ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Can't wait for the Reed Vs Houseright show down over becoming the next head coach at Gate City. Abingdon's coach is an interim hire so they may be looking for a new coach. Wise Central needs to make a change ASAP. I would add Holston to the list but they seem content with losing seasons. 

I would bet anything Amburgey is the Head Coach at Abingdon next year and for the foreseeable future.

32 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

Lee high head coaches all seem to have 4 year stints which mirrors the elections. Its year 3 I believe.

I personally like the change to the bone if you ask me, but I've not watch a lee high game in its entirety since they played TWHS so I'm on the outside looking in.

I see good things in the future at Lee. They have some of the best support I have ever seen in their youth football teams. It shows as well. They have great numbers and great attitudes. Not sure how much the Lee head coach has to do with it but Lee looks to be on their way up in the near future. 

Regardless I like pendergraft and for the sake of stability for the program, I hope he stays after the election.  It's hard to be consistent with so few of years. You dont get to reap what you sow at the middle school level.

1 hour ago, OLINE77 said:

Add Richlands to the list   Mance most likely will be going to double dip in another state or to the college ranks

I would like to see him stay one more year at Richlands and then get the new Sullivan County gig (West Ridge) I would buy tickets to watch him coach there.

8 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I would like to see him stay one more year at Richlands and then get the new Sullivan County gig (West Ridge) I would buy tickets to watch him coach there.

Doubt you will see mance ever coach another high school team not named Richlands

15 hours ago, Jason said:

What happens to them?

Not sure, but usually when a youth program does so well, it has a lot to do with the fact that they are playing each other, which is very deceiving and can lead to visions of grandeur from parents and a false sense of enthusiasm.

5 minutes ago, bucfan64 said:

Not sure, but usually when a youth program does so well, it has a lot to do with the fact that they are playing each other, which is very deceiving and can lead to visions of grandeur from parents and a false sense of enthusiasm.

The Lee youth program I am speaking of plays teams like Kingsport, Johnson City, Gate City, Haysi, Clintwood and more. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Lee youth program I am speaking of plays teams like Kingsport, Johnson City, Gate City, Haysi, Clintwood and more. 

If that is the case, the future could be promising. Unless there is a disconnect further up the ladder.

Lee has always had good little league/youth teams.  All the support for the travel team league was there with the old little league that disolved when the travel league got started. 

We've had several really good middle school teams too.  But when they get to high school JV is a mess.  Last few years, and I don't know about this season they play 3 or 4 jv games and cancel the rest.  

That's not helping much on Friday nights.  We loose the kids somewhere between little league and high school.

I think the high school staff might be putting more into the travel league than they are high school.