New Podcast Questions???

Ryan4VT

Seeing how I pull on my stripes almost every Friday night, which schools and coaches would you say give officials the hardest time? I am interested to hear this from an outsiders point of view.

Also, in another questions of hard hitting journalism, Cuz's cheezed egg roll or Bearded Moose's Holy Cheezus option? If you choose the latter, what burger do you choose.

Not a question, but based on a discussion concerning points from podcast 34, here's some way too early projections to talk about. Barring a win by Abingdon, 1 and 2 are pretty well set. Graham/Richlands are playing for the #3 seed. Union will most likely play Virginia High or Tazewell in the first round. Tazewell can get as high as #5 if VERY, VERY unlikely circumstances go in their favor. Can't wait to see how these games shake out over the next 4 weeks.

If Graham defeats Richlands and Grayson defeats Galax...

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Graham 9-1 244
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

If Grayson loses to Galax (most likely) and Graham defeats Richlands...

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Graham 9-1 244
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

If Richlands defeats Graham...

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Richlands 7-3 245
5.) Graham 8-2 227

If Richlands defeats Graham AND Grayson loses to Galax...

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Richlands 7-3 245
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Graham 8-2 227

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Not a question, but based on a discussion concerning points from podcast 34, here's some way too early projections to talk about. Barring a win by Abingdon, 1 and 2 are pretty well set. Graham/Richlands are playing for the #3 seed. Union will most likely play Virginia High or Tazewell in the first round. Tazewell can get as high as #5 if VERY, VERY unlikely circumstances go in their favor. Can't wait to see how these games shake out over the next 4 weeks.

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Graham 9-1 244
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Graham 9-1 244
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Richlands 7-3 245
5.) Graham 8-2 227

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Richlands 7-3 245
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Graham 8-2 227

Looks like Graham will be big Galax fans...

Ryan would you care to elaborate more on the question from last week about the shows continuation after football season? Sorry just need to ensure my fill of SWVA news  LOL 

Definitely would enjoy maybe hearing a q&a for guys like 1instripes and cityofraven . Like open the forum up and let the board ask them question 

follow up questions: if you guys could choose 3 sports legends of the area to be interviewed for the off season who would you pick?

WCYBs picking contest ends in a tie. Last person standing wins. Who would you bet money on  Casey Goetz, Heather Williams or Steve Wilmoth?

2 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Depends on which crowd you are surveying on a Friday night....

He’s right! In all honesty, I hope I can achieve his skill level one day. Most people think we just drop out of the sky on Fridays and will never understand the work, level of understanding and people skills involved in our roles as officials. 

9 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

Seeing how I pull on my stripes almost every Friday night, which schools and coaches would you say give officials the hardest time? I am interested to hear this from an outsiders point of view.

I hear good things about Ridgeview. 

A few fans will even walk you to the parking lot after the game.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Best RB in the area?

I like this question. Maybe it could be split up into two categories. Speed/shiftiness and power.

When comparing the all-time great RBs, how does one compare, say, Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell. Two completely different styles, but both very effective!

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Graham 9-1 244
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 260
3.) Graham 9-1 244
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Richlands 6-4 226

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Grayson Co 9-1 248
4.) Richlands 7-3 245
5.) Graham 8-2 227

1.) Ridgeview 10-0 278
2.) Union 9-1 262
3.) Richlands 7-3 245
4.) Grayson Co 8-2 230
5.) Graham 8-2 227

I would love for VHS to play Union. Not because I think we would win, but I would like for my kid to get a chance to experience some good old SWVA postseason magic at The Park lol

IMO the offenses are given way too much leeway in the rules. One rule that I would like to see changed is that there is to be no blocking outside the tackle box by eligible receivers (downfield or not) on forward passing plays. Eligible receivers would still be able to block rushers inside the tackle box. I feel the current rule gives far too much advantage to the offense and football is quickly becoming a short passing game to the wide receivers while other receivers are blocking while the ball is in the air. What is your opinion on receivers blocking downfield when the ball is thrown behind the LOS?