GREENVILLE VS ELIZABETHTON

jarhead24219

8 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

OK SORRY ABOUT THE BAD INFO, 

No worries. Just letting those know who are interested. I'm recording it. I think Greenville wins by 4 TDs at least. Ballard is just otherworldly.

I watched the DB VS GREENVILLE game, there is 4 or 5 div 1 commits at GREENVILLE.We spoke to a mother there at the game, she stated that the coach does not believe in giving playing time to the subs unless they are good enough.She stated thats the difference in most programs and GREENVILLE. They look at blowouts as a full contact practice, not time to give the subs gametime......it must work .48-14 GREENVILLE, I HAVE SEEN BOTH PLAY and GREENVILLE is just that damn good

I agree 100% , the only team that can say that will win it all easily....everyone would say they can’t beat a college team ....5 div one commits= pretty good start at a college team, UVA, Wake Forest,Army, Tennessee, 

I was listening to the DB broadcast last week and Don Hellman who does their  games says the Greene Devils are the best team in Tennessee regardless of Classification. I think I agree with that  statement. He said that Greeneville could beat Alcoa by 2 to 3 TD's

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

I was listening to the DB broadcast last week and Don Hellman who does their  games says the Greene Devils are the best team in Tennessee regardless of Classification. I think I agree with that  statement. He said that Greeneville could beat Alcoa by 2 to 3 TD's

I haven’t seen Alcoa but I have watched games all across this country and I will say no one compares except those great Texas  6 A teams

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

And some in Virginia too.

Ah I'm not sure the best of VA can compete with Mater Dei, Grayson (GA), IMG or Saint Thomas Aquinas in FL, etc.... 

But I do think the best in VA, a team like Highland Springs or Northside or whoever could compete with Greeneville. They're great, but not the 85 Bears. They only beat Elizabethton by 15, and Union scrimmaged Elizabethton and was very competitve.

We both would have to agree that the Betsy team that played Greenville was much better than the team Union played in Aug. also the penalty yardage was better than 150 . Greenville dominated DB and Science Hill 

19 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Ah I'm not sure the best of VA can compete with Mater Dei, Grayson (GA), IMG or Saint Thomas Aquinas in FL, etc.... 

IMG Academy Football @IMGAFootball Sep 21

Tough loss, but we fought until the end.

Mater Dei 28     IMG  24   (Game played in CA)

IMG AcademyVerified account @IMGAcademy Aug 31
With 5 @IMGAFootball alums starting at QB this week, @IMGAcademy made @SportsCenter once again!

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

We both would have to agree that the Betsy team that played Greenville was much better than the team Union played in Aug. also the penalty yardage was better than 150 . Greenville dominated DB and Science Hill 

Absolutely I wouldn't argue against that. But if you're talking about teams like Alcoa or those big Memphis 6A schools, or even go out of state, Greeneville simply isn't on that level I don't believe. 

In a better state, Greeneville is pedestrian. Greeneville has a couple kids getting looks from some D1 schools, not 5* blue chippers at multiple positions like you see in Georgia, Texas, Florida, Louisiana or Alabama.

Trinity in Kentucky too, they're a national power. They're the best team out of our tri-state locale, VA/TN/KY, on a consistent basis.

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Absolutely I wouldn't argue against that. But if you're talking about teams like Alcoa or those big Memphis 6A schools, or even go out of state, Greeneville simply isn't on that level I don't believe. 

In a better state, Greeneville is pedestrian. Greeneville has a couple kids getting looks from some D1 schools, not 5* blue chippers at multiple positions like you see in Georgia, Texas, Florida, Louisiana or Alabama.

Trinity in Kentucky too, they're a national power. They're the best team out of our tri-state locale, VA/TN/KY, on a consistent basis.

Greeneville has four D1 commits right now. ( UVA, Wake, Army, Tennessee) Greeneville played their worst game of the year and still won comfortably. They are probably the best team in the state in any class. The state of Tennessee is becoming a recruiting hot bed, it will never rival Florida, Georgia, Texas or California but in the near future will pass the up many of its neighbours including Virginia.. Like I posted before UVA is going to love Dorian Goddard, he is going to be really good at the next level. Greeneville's biggest test comes the last week of the season at Anderson County. Stanton Martin the QB can spin it with anyone in the state, he was runner-up to Ballard for Mr. Football in 4A last year. In an interesting twist of the schedule Anderson County closes their season with games against Betsy and Greeneville. 

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

Greeneville has four D1 commits right now. ( UVA, Wake, Army, Tennessee) Greeneville played their worst game of the year and still won comfortably. They are probably the best team in the state in any class. The state of Tennessee is becoming a recruiting hot bed, it will never rival Florida, Georgia, Texas or California but in the near future will pass the up many of its neighbours including Virginia.. Like I posted before UVA is going to love Dorian Goddard, he is going to be really good at the next level. Greeneville's biggest test comes the last week of the season at Anderson County. Stanton Martin the QB can spin it with anyone in the state, he was runner-up to Ballard for Mr. Football in 4A last year. In an interesting twist of the schedule Anderson County closes their season with games against Betsy and Greeneville. 

Goddard certainly fits a need for us, as we do lack the size from our WRs that a 6'3" kid like Goddard can provide.

I am not anointing Goddard a player in the NFL by no means, but he has the body and more than enough speed to play elite level WR. He could also grow into a decent TE. he has the frame for it. 

I choose not to argue the point, I have seen GREENVILLE in person against a decent DB team, like many others was impressed with BETSY in the game against GREENVILLE, but if they meet again there would be a different score. There are 4 div. 1 players who have offers on the table....no disputing this. Some people would have you believe they were a great player, when in fact they never seen the field, I started as a freshman at guard (injury to a senior) at PV,never all state or all region just a pretty good lineman, 1976-77,78,79.WHY TELL ALL THIS, just tired of some who pretend that they played when they have not.....xbox doesnt count.

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I choose not to argue the point, I have seen GREENVILLE in person against a decent DB team, like many others was impressed with BETSY in the game against GREENVILLE, but if they meet again there would be a different score. There are 4 div. 1 players who have offers on the table....no disputing this. Some people would have you believe they were a great player, when in fact they never seen the field, I started as a freshman at guard (injury to a senior) at PV,never all state or all region just a pretty good lineman, 1976-77,78,79.WHY TELL ALL THIS, just tired of some who pretend that they played when they have not.....xbox doesnt count.

You said you agreed with some announcer that Greeneville was as good as any team aside from the big TX schools. I pointed out there's a lot of extremely talented schools in talent rich states like Florida, Georgia, California, Louisiana, etc... and that by comparison, a good Greeneville team doesn't match up. And youre getting pissy? 

Adam Gase was a terrible HS WR, Terry Bradshaw won four Super Bowls. Who would you rather be coaching your team? 

7 hours ago, SXSW said:

There's a good chance TN surpasses VA soon, it's been coming for a while now. 

26 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You said you agreed with some announcer that Greeneville was as good as any team aside from the big TX schools. I pointed out there's a lot of extremely talented schools in talent rich states like Florida, Georgia, California, Louisiana, etc... and that by comparison, a good Greeneville team doesn't match up. And youre getting pissy? 

Adam Gase was a terrible HS WR, Terry Bradshaw won four Super Bowls. Who would you rather be coaching your team? 

I dont understand your point,but far as getting pissy, naaaaa not me I LOVE EVERYONE.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, jarhead24219 said:

I dont understand your point,but far as getting pissy, naaaaa not me I LOVE EVERYONE.

My point was Terry Bradshaw would make a terrible coach and playing experience isn't ness. a requirement for football knowledge. HS is a weird time for kids, sometimes they get mixed up with the wrong crowd and end up making choices their last year that they regret, I know I did, not playing my last year in HS, but a person could have zero playing experience and have a great football mind.