Union vs Wal Mart Warriors

Vol Hater

1 minute ago, jarhead24219 said:

That’s right boys, let’s brag about what your girls do. Just wondering what are the records of Central vs Union in football , not head to head but record vs record

You'd have to be really stupid to argue that Union hasn't dominated the Warriors in football. I personally would like to see Central get better so that it will actually be a rivalry instead of a yearly beat down. Having said that folks tend to be so football obsessed that they forget that there's much more to a school than 1 sport. Actually sports contrary to what folks think around here aren't nearly as important as academics. It's cool that lil Jimmy was all state but that doesn't pay off when he's digging ditches after he's done. I have been at both places Wise and BSG. I love the town of BSG and really do think that right now Union is a much better SCHOOL-not just a football program as the culture there,the school spirit,the support is there as opposed to the politics,money,and negativity that is the way of life at Central. That's not to say that things can't improve at CHS (Collins retiring is a start),and I truly hope that it does. There's so many good kids there. They deserve better. Now I'll wait for the nasty PMs and replies from the folks from Wise,but it's truth and for years when my kids were there and I was begging them to transfer to Union,I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want them dealing with retaliation for something that I had said or done. It's nice to be able to speak freely now that they are grown and moved on.

35 minutes ago, Unchained said:

You'd have to be really stupid to argue that Union hasn't dominated the Warriors in football. I personally would like to see Central get better so that it will actually be a rivalry instead of a yearly beat down. Having said that folks tend to be so football obsessed that they forget that there's much more to a school than 1 sport. Actually sports contrary to what folks think around here aren't nearly as important as academics. It's cool that lil Jimmy was all state but that doesn't pay off when he's digging ditches after he's done. I have been at both places Wise and BSG. I love the town of BSG and really do think that right now Union is a much better SCHOOL-not just a football program as the culture there,the school spirit,the support is there as opposed to the politics,money,and negativity that is the way of life at Central. That's not to say that things can't improve at CHS (Collins retiring is a start),and I truly hope that it does. There's so many good kids there. They deserve better. Now I'll wait for the nasty PMs and replies from the folks from Wise,but it's truth and for years when my kids were there and I was begging them to transfer to Union,I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want them dealing with retaliation for something that I had said or done. It's nice to be able to speak freely now that they are grown and moved on.

Couldn't agree more. It's a culture issue with most of the boys athletics there, and it started at the top.

2 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Couldn't agree more. It's a culture issue with most of the boys athletics there, and it started at the top.

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that sees this. 

The superintendent of Wise Co. came to Union today and took the cutout of Mr Collins back with him , I hope it’s not because he has deep down lewd acts in mind,someone also complained about the Bears insider on YouTube and they took it down. Someone needs a comfort puppy, I know the score won’t be run up , and I hope it don’t get chippy out there, Central has nothing to play for so they may try injure or start a fight to get players ejected 

2 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

The superintendent of Wise Co. came to Union today and took the cutout of Mr Collins back with him , I hope it’s not because he has deep down lewd acts in mind,someone also complained about the Bears insider on YouTube and they took it down. Someone needs a comfort puppy, I know the score won’t be run up , and I hope it don’t get chippy out there, Central has nothing to play for so they may try injure or start a fight to get players ejected 

I don't see Owens letting that happen. Him and Travis are friends,and i am sure Travis will do everything he can to keep this from getting ugly.

8 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Maybe using it for a dart board? I would say target practice,but some easily butthurt,gun-hating wuss may whine on me:)

53 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I know of ZERO of central's players that would play dirty like that. The young men that are on the team now just want to play football. I don't think we've had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty all season.

38-13 final. Turner took foot off gas, Union never once ran out of the T, and Wise scored on the back ups. They did  basically nothing against first team while Union was in total control.

Three TD passes tonight for Turner. 

Ethan Mullins is gonna be a stud in a couple years, wait and see

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

38-13 final. Turner took foot off gas, Union never once ran out of the T, and Wise scored on the back ups. They did  basically nothing against first team while Union was in total control.

Three TD passes tonight for Turner. 

Ethan Mullins is gonna be a stud in a couple years, wait and see

You could see some talent on the Central side-just gotta grow up a bit. They played hard and never quit.

Just now, Unchained said:

You could see some talent on the Central side-just gotta grow up a bit. They played hard and never quit.

Mullins is gonna be a ballplayer. Showed moxie.

Crabtree ran decently but had no holes, Bears dominated LOS. Surprised Central didn't try more throws, Union was in single coverage all night. Guess they knew line couldn't stop pass rush

Answer this question why was Coach Owens by himself all nite long on the sidelines and plus defrienden people on Facebook during the game. I can most definitely see a new coach in Central of Norton City next year.

45 minutes ago, Unchained said:

As much as it pains me to say this, Central could be a real problem in a few years unless politics take over etc etc etc. When you play that many young guys the future has to be bright. 

2 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

As much as it pains me to say this, Central could be a real problem in a few years unless politics take over etc etc etc. When you play that many young guys the future has to be bright. 

I am told that the bunch coming behind this outfit will be extremely good. Of course there's tons of variables to tell. I'll believe it when I see it,as we often see folks go nuts over youth teams only to see it not materialize at the high school level.

12 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I am told that the bunch coming behind this outfit will be extremely good. Of course there's tons of variables to tell. I'll believe it when I see it,as we often see folks go nuts over youth teams only to see it not materialize at the high school level.

There were as many as 6 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the field at the same time tonight.

Just now, jonah58 said:

There were as many as 6 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the field at the same time tonight.

You could see the youth with miscues,missed tackles and assignments,but you could also see that this is going to develop into a solid team. If Luke doesn't win starting next year they need to find someone who will 

54 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

Answer this question why was Coach Owens by himself all nite long on the sidelines and plus defrienden people on Facebook during the game. I can most definitely see a new coach in Central of Norton City next year.

How do you know he was defriending folks?  Didnt see the game did none of the other coaches come around him?

6 hours ago, Unchained said:

You could see the youth with miscues,missed tackles and assignments,but you could also see that this is going to develop into a solid team. If Luke doesn't win starting next year they need to find someone who will 

They should bring someone in before next yr.  Cut ties and move on

Reed had very little success there, Owen's not much different, Lombardi would have been  lucky to succeed there. central had several good classes come through but yielded very little production. wish them luck,  it would be nice to have a tougher  district or at least competitive. it's never been for lack of talent or size, just direction it seems. 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Reed had very little success there, Owen's not much different, Lombardi would have been  lucky to succeed there. central had several good classes come through but yielded very little production. wish them luck,  it would be nice to have a tougher  district or at least competitive. it's never been for lack of talent or size, just direction it seems. 

The best i can remember reed didn't have much support and was cold shouldered by some of the folks there now.    I think with some backing he could have done ok.  Id have to dig up records but seems like lukes best yr was with a team that was coached by reed the yr before

7 minutes ago, RichRich said:

The best i can remember reed didn't have much support and was cold shouldered by some of the folks there now.    I think with some backing he could have done ok.  Id have to dig up records but seems like lukes best yr was with a team that was coached by reed the yr before

4-7; 7-4; 3-7; 2-8; this year 1-6 so far