10-12-18 Football Score Updates

swva_fan

2 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

All I know is there will be a new number 1 in the weekly top 10 poll. Ridgeview or Chilhowie who will it be maybe Pulaski Co. Bluefield falls to at least 4th maybe 5th can't get dominated at home by  a VA team and still be number 1.

LB would demolish Chilhowie or Ridgeview. Maybe Pulaski keeps it close. Bluefield still better despite losing to a great 3A school.

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But you don't think maybe Bluefield gets a little more love bc a lot of people don't see them play? 

This season, they likely beat everyone in Region D. Last year? They squeaked by a Graham team that got drilled by Union. And year before, didn't Giles kinda have their way with them in a benefit game? Maybe I'm wrong on that.

But tonight again proves that as a whole, VA football is just better than WV. And the talk of Greeneville/Bluefield is just crazy, it wouldn't be competitive this year.

Giles did have their way with them last season. The score ended up being close but we had over 300 yards rushing. They spanked us this year though 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

LB would demolish Chilhowie or Ridgeview. Maybe Pulaski keeps it close. Bluefield still better despite losing to a great 3A school.

You might be right but after all this love for Bluefield they deserve to drop behind the unbeaten teams. Just like Bama they get beat they falling to 4th and best.

Just now, Union's hammer said:

You might be right but after all this love for Bluefield they deserve to drop behind the unbeaten teams. Just like Bama they get beat they falling to 4th and best.

Why? A top 10 is the ten best teams, and 1A Chilhowie gets blown out by Bluefield and loses by 50 to LB. Ridgeview is good but they would most likely 99% lose to Bluefield. 

Bluefield is still best team in coverage area, but I understand the logic

21 minutes ago, EH31 said:

How many Bluefield games you been to Lil dawg? I’ve watched all the top the top teams in this area in person this year besides Pulaski county and like I said, ITS NOT CLOSE. 

btw, ask Giles fans how Bluefield “spanked” them last year in their benefit game. 

Name calling 🤣. Must have struck a nerve. Wow. Chill. It’s a high school game pal. They are not going to shut down high school football because the beaver dam broke tonight. Union and Appo were superior last year. PERIOD. Look in the mirror with a strait face and tell me any different. 

Look. It is what it is. WV football does not have the competition of va.  But if your “God of WV football” struggles with Va teams that can’t win their region then how good are they. 

In all honsety, it’s like comparing the ‘72 Dolphins to the ‘85 Bear. There is no true way to tell other than opinion and speculation. 

Just now, Union's hammer said:

Who are the three teams you’ll rank ahead of them? 

Ridgeview 7-0

Chilhowie 7-0

Mount View 7-0

Patrick Henry 7-0 

does that mean Bluefield will be 5th in your poll?

1 minute ago, BearDawg said:

Name calling 🤣. Must have struck a nerve. Wow. Chill. It’s a high school game pal. They are not going to shut down high school football because the beaver dam broke tonight. Union and Appo were superior last year. PERIOD. Look in the mirror with a strait face and tell me any different. 

Look. It is what it is. WV football does not have the competition of va.  But if your “God of WV football” struggles with Va teams that can’t win their region then how good are they. 

In all honsety, it’s like comparing the ‘72 Dolphins to the ‘85 Bear. There is no true way to tell other than opinion and speculation. 

Martinsburg is the "God of WV football" but they aren't in the coverage area. Not sure why it is so hard to grasp for so many on here that the forum focuses on teams in the coverage area. Smh

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Ridgeview 7-0

Chilhowie 7-0

Mount View 7-0

Patrick Henry 7-0 

Nah i believe Bluefield dominates all those teams except for maybe ridgeview. But would still win in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, BHS03 said:

Martinsburg is the "God of WV football" but they aren't in the coverage area. Not sure why it is so hard to grasp for so many on here that the forum focuses on teams in the coverage area. Smh

I could give two cares less about Wv high school football. I get on here to keep up with Virginia teams. 

3 minutes ago, BearDawg said:

So you’ve seen 0 Bluefield games? 

Bluefield in game 1 last season was a completely different team than the one that won the state championship. If Bluefield played graham last season in week 10 instead of week 1 they win by 4 touchdowns instead of 3 points. So yes, they could have played with the top teams in AA in VA. I can take a mirro pic of my straight face if you don’t believe me. 

I’ve never argued that WV football has any type of real competition, but the final 4 teams in WV could play with the final 4 teams in VA every year. With that being said, the 16th best team in VA could probably beat the 5th best team in WV most years. 

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Ridgeview 7-0

Chilhowie 7-0

Mount View 7-0

Patrick Henry 7-0 

Probably rank them right behind Bama, Georgia, Ohio St, Clemson, and Notre Dame a strong 6th.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Ridgeview 7-0

Chilhowie 7-0

Mount View 7-0

Patrick Henry 7-0 

I don't see any of those undefeated teams beating Bluefield. Pulaski Co. might give them a contest but they're not undefeated. I say Cougars beat each of those four too. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

So you’ve seen 0 Bluefield games? 

Bluefield in game 1 last season was a completely different team than the one that won the state championship. If Bluefield played graham last season in week 10 instead of week 1 they win by 4 touchdowns instead of 3 points. So yes, they could have played with the top teams in AA in VA. I can take a mirro pic of my straight face if you don’t believe me. 

I’ve never argued that WV football has any type of real competition, but the final 4 teams in WV could play with the final 4 teams in VA every year. With that being said, the 16th best team in VA could probably beat the 5th best team in WV most years. 

The best four teams could play with the best 5-6A VA teams? I totally disagree on that point. VA is a very strong football state 

At the end of the year, Union beat Graham by 37. I like their chances against 2017 Bluefield. But have very little doubt 2018 Bluefield beats Union handily

24 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But you don't think maybe Bluefield gets a little more love bc a lot of people don't see them play? 

This season, they likely beat everyone in Region D. Last year? They squeaked by a Graham team that got drilled by Union. And year before, didn't Giles kinda have their way with them in a benefit game? Maybe I'm wrong on that.

But tonight again proves that as a whole, VA football is just better than WV. And the talk of Greeneville/Bluefield is just crazy, it wouldn't be competitive this year.

No one is stopping anyone from watching Bluefield play. 

If you think they got too much love from people that didn’t see them play, then those are the same people that still haven’t seen them play that want to discredit them for losing tonight against a heck of a team. 

Tonight proves that a 3A team in Virginia was better than a 2A team in WV. 

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The best four teams could play with the best 5-6A VA teams? I totally disagree on that point. VA is a very strong football state 

At the end of the year, Union beat Graham by 37. I like their chances against 2017 Bluefield. But have very little doubt 2018 Bluefield beats Union handily

I said that The final 4 teams left in the playoffs in WV could play with the final 4 teams left in the playoffs in VA. 

VA is a stronger state for football in general, but you have to remember that WV only has around 115 schools playing football total. 

It’s ok if you want to disagree that the top few teams in WV’s AA could play with the top few teams in VA’s AA. I watch WV football and you never have. I’m going off experience, you’re going off paper.

21 minutes ago, BHS03 said:

What's the enrollment of Lord Botetourt compared to Bluefield?

Okay. Can we stop with the enrollment excuse that is being brought up. Not to long ago comments were being thrown around about Bluefield playing Greenville. Who would literally wipe the field with Bluefield   Are they good. Yes. Are they unbeatable like was once thought. No. Lord Bot proved that. 

If if you play physical with them and control the line of scrimmage. Limited number of snaps. Keep their playmakers from being able to hurt you. You can slay Goliath. 

That my friends is a pretty tall task. 

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

Here are your Sports Live Friday Night Finals from high school  action in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia