10-12-18 Football Score Updates

swva_fan

4 minutes ago, EH31 said:

No one is stopping anyone from watching Bluefield play. 

If you think they got too much love from people that didn’t see them play, then those are the same people that still haven’t seen them play that want to discredit them for losing tonight against a heck of a team. 

Tonight proves that a 3A team in Virginia was better than a 2A team in WV. 

My point was that some on here, not singling you out, made it seem like Bluefield was this unbeatable juggernaut and could play w teams like Greeneville, which just isn't true. There's no doubt Bluefield is very, very good. Best in our coverage area with Pulaski and MAYBE Ridgeview could hang around. But they aren't an elite, unstoppable team like some would have people believe. 

13 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

They’re a 3A school. But to be in Roanoke Valley area. Probably one of the smaller 3A. Maybe the size of Abingdon. Possibly a little bigger. 

Most recent VHSL ADM had LB at 1,028. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I said that The final 4 teams left in the playoffs in WV could play with the final 4 teams left in the playoffs in VA. 

VA is a stronger state for football in general, but you have to remember that WV only has around 115 schools playing football total. 

It’s ok if you want to disagree that the top few teams in WV’s AA could play with the top few teams in VA’s AA. I watch WV football and you never have. I’m going off experience, you’re going off paper.

I was talking about the best teams in VA, the 5A and 6A teams. I thought you were saying the best in WV could play with those teams. I don't believe that's true. I wasn't saying 2A specifically. 

no need to get all pissy. We all have access to the same film, and the final four in 2A VA last year would beat the final four in WV in 2A and I feel pretty confident about that. They wouldn't blow them out or win by 30, but I believe the VA teams win. 2018 may be different. 

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I was talking about the best teams in VA, the 5A and 6A teams. I thought you were saying the best in WV could play with those teams. I don't believe that's true. I wasn't saying 2A specifically. 

no need to get all pissy. We all have access to the same film, and the final four in 2A VA last year would beat the final four in WV in 2A and I feel pretty confident about that. They wouldn't blow them out or win by 30, but I believe the VA teams win. 2018 may be different. 

Why would I compare WV teams to 5A or 6A VA schools when WV only has 3 classes? 

Also, I never said they would beat VA schools, I said the final 4 in WV could play with the final 4 in VA. A, AA, & AAA. 

wslsScores @wslsScores

FINAL: Patrick County 21, Martinsville 0 #1stand10

great state

Above has a good compilation of scores for the Roanoke area and southward … later in the night, they usually have brief videos of games...also, a list of games to be played tomorrow etc.  (When the scores are listed in blue that's an indicator of a video being available.)

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

My point was that some on here, not singling you out, made it seem like Bluefield was this unbeatable juggernaut and could play w teams like Greeneville, which just isn't true. There's no doubt Bluefield is very, very good. Best in our coverage area with Pulaski and MAYBE Ridgeview could hang around. But they aren't an elite, unstoppable team like some would have people believe. 

I know that you aren't talking to me specifically as I have never made any declarations like that on here. Although as a Bluefield fan I have told other Bluefield fans from the get go that they would have tough games against Richlands, Botetourt, and a potential rematch with Fairmont Senior in Wheeling. I was surprised that they beat Richlands by the margin that they did. At the same time I never look at any team as unbeatable, especially my own team. I nitpick and complain about imperfections too much to do that.

The scary part is that Bluefield has a chance to be an even better team by the end of the season. The only thing that would surprise me is if you don't see a match up between Bluefield and Fairmont Senior in the state championship hame.

15 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

Okay. Can we stop with the enrollment excuse that is being brought up. Not to long ago comments were being thrown around about Bluefield playing Greenville. Who would literally wipe the field with Bluefield   Are they good. Yes. Are they unbeatable like was once thought. No. Lord Bot proved that. 

If if you play physical with them and control the line of scrimmage. Limited number of snaps. Keep their playmakers from being able to hurt you. You can slay Goliath. 

That my friends is a pretty tall task. 

I wasn't using it as an excuse. It was a legit question as I was interested as what class LB would be classified as in WV.

29 minutes ago, BHS03 said:

That's great but WV teams in the coverage area are discussed on here and will continue to be whether you like it or not.

Did I ask you to stop?  Nope. I just don’t now down to bluefield and worship their football program like some around that way. And you know why. Because VIRGINIA teams are discussed on here too and will continue to be whether you like it our not!

Just now, BearDawg said:

Did I ask you to stop?  Nope. I just don’t now down to bluefield and worship their football program like some around that way. And you know why. Because VIRGINIA teams are discussed on here too and will continue to be whether you like it our not!

I embrace talk about Va and WV teams on here. Sorry sis.

Timesland @Timesland

Lord Botetourt 17, Bluefield (http://W.Va .) 3 recap (http://roanoke.pointslocal.com/game/10019 )

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports
Stat of the night: Jenkins (Ky.) finished with negative-six yards of total offense in 39-6 loss to Rye Cove. #VHSL #HCFH #KHSAA

Nate Hubbard @Hub_BHCSports
Final in OT: David Crockett 24, Tennessee High 21 #hcfh

Times News Sports Retweeted
 David Crockett HS Football @DC_Pioneers
AJ Boyd wins the game with his foot. The Pioneers get a stop and win it in overtime with a 31 yard field goal. #BOYD

Times News Sports Retweeted
LHS Pioneers @LHS_Pioneers
Congratulations to Senior Running Back Seth Stanley on breaking the 1,000 yard mark tonight in rushing yards for the season tonight.

J-99 Sports @J99Sports
Dawson Lee goes on a 37 yard jaunt to break the 1000 yard mark for the season in the third qtr. #WJHLTDFN #VHSL

Timesland @Timesland
FINAL: Blacksburg 21, Pulaski County 14. Scoreless second half.#timesland

great state

Congrats to my Richlands Blue Tornado team...a slow start...but the second half was a different story.  Congrats to Marion on a good fought game.

13 minutes ago, BHS03 said:

I embrace talk about Va and WV teams on here. Sorry sis.

What is it with you Wv people and name calling. Such grown ups. Embrace what you want. Now days, you can embrace anything you want. I’m guessing talk isn’t all you embrace. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Also, I never said they would beat VA schools, I said the final 4 in WV could play with the final 4 in VA. A, AA, & AAA. 

I believe the top 4 in VA, class 1-3, would beat the top 4 in WV 1 -3. Just my opinion. VA is better football state

6 hours ago, EH31 said:

Virginia used to only have three classes A , AA , AAA. Now that they have six classes, doesn't mean that 5a and 6a are now bigger; the "pie" is just broken up into 6 pieces not three. So, basically 1A, 2A ( old A), 3A, 4A (old AA), 5A, 6A (old AAA). The sizes of the schools are the same. I don't know where the enrollment breakoff for AAA is in West Virginia ( less urban areas),but AAA in West Virginia is more than likely closer in size to a 5A 6A in Virginia, not a 3A.

10 hours ago, Graham-VT Fan said:

Final: Lord Bot 17 Bluefield 3

Not sure I can remember a Bluefield team getting completely dominated on both sides of the LOS like they did tonight. Bot went for it on 4th down in their own territory at least twice and got it both times.

2001 vs. Graham

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

To say the least , biggest upset this season on this board. I admittedly don't know much about LB but I figured It would be close. 

Not quite.  Lord Botetourt is a really good football team...they just proved it.  Now it that had been PikeView or James Monroe doing that, then yes...

Congratulations to my Pioneers on the win against Castlewood tonight. All the hard work is starting to pay off. Enjoy the W, but on Monday get back to work a tough VHS team is coming to town. 

Also congrats to Seth Stanley for the 1000 yard season thus far. 

Everyone please remember the Castlewood player who was taken off in an ambulance in your prayers. 

11 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

Just like 2 weeks ago 2A Union was better then 6A  Morristown West a Tennessee team.

Morristown West is NOT a 6A team in Virginia. They may be in TN, but in VA they are 3A, the exact same as LB. That was not a 2A beating a 6A, it was a 2A beating a 3A.