Whats happened tonight in our region?

Westisthebest

Some teams struggled tonight that were big favorites. Bluefield loses and only scores 3 points. I wouldnt consider this a big favorite but the 3 points was shocking. Ridgeview was favored big and was a close game at halftime but didnt put it away like i thought. I know a win is a win. Richlands struggled with Marion but pulled away with some nice defensive turnovers. In the first half you wouldve thought theyve never played football. Was just a weird night for some teams in our region. 

Does anyone see a team from our region as the big favorite in 2a? I know Chilhowie is looking good in 1a

Ridgeview just didnt want to play....and can anyone tell me for sure if the battle player that smacked the ridgeview player in the head, was he ejected or not?  I thought that was means for automatic disqualification from game?

10 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Richlands was perfectly normal tonight. It was homecoming, and the guys got focused after halftime.  I told a friend 35-7... not a blowout, but a good game.

This. 

Homecoming. A parade before the game. It finally turned cold and the fans weren’t into the game. And the fact that I’m sure they were looking ahead to Graham a little bit. 

They played fine. Just needed some time to wake up and realize they still had to play the game. 

12 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Some teams struggled tonight that were big favorites. Bluefield loses and only scores 3 points. I wouldnt consider this a big favorite but the 3 points was shocking. Ridgeview was favored big and was a close game at halftime but didnt put it away like i thought. I know a win is a win. Richlands struggled with Marion but pulled away with some nice defensive turnovers. In the first half you wouldve thought theyve never played football. Was just a weird night for some teams in our region. 

Does anyone see a team from our region as the big favorite in 2a? I know Chilhowie is looking good in 1a

Pick a name out of a hat at this point.  Maybe put Ridgeview in there 2-3 times, because they’re better than everyone else by a slim margin, but it’s very wide open this year.

Ridgeview came out flat after a bye week.  Crowd wasn’t into the game until after halftime.  Maybe some overconfidence until they realized Battle came to play.  Give Battle credit though, they had some good athletes that matched up well with the Wolfpack.  

On 10/12/2018 at 10:18 PM, Westisthebest said:

First cold night of the year, crazy shit happens...