Aaron Rose from Virginia High

Bearcat Dad

Some on here know but some don’t, that Aaron is one half of the reason I am “Bearcat Dad”.

I wanted to thank everyone who reached out tonight about Aaron. For those who don’t know, Aaron received a pretty severe concussion tonight in the game against Graham. There have been conflicting reports on how exactly it happened, but we do know it happened at some point during his 60 yard run on the third play of the game.

On the run, there was a pretty violent collision between he and his friend Cam Allen. Aaron went back a few steps, and Cam went down as Aaron kept running. Some of Aaron’s teammates told our trainer that they saw Aaron’s head hit the ground hard when he was caught from behind. I will know more when we get to see the film.

After 15 minutes, he still could not form a complete sentence so our trainer had his mother and I take him to the ER. They diagnosed him with the concussion and have turned him over to our team doctor to make his assessment on what Aaron’s standing is for the remainder of his season.

Thank you again to everyone who reached out, and prayers from the board would be much appreciated by his mother and I. God bless.

12 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Some on here know but some don’t, that Aaron is one half of the reason I am “Bearcat Dad”.

I wanted to thank everyone who reached out tonight about Aaron. For those who don’t know, Aaron received a pretty severe concussion tonight in the game against Graham. There have been conflicting reports on how exactly it happened, but we do know it happened at some point during his 60 yard run on the third play of the game.

On the run, there was a pretty violent collision between he and his friend Cam Allen. Aaron went back a few steps, and Cam went down as Aaron kept running. Some of Aaron’s teammates told our trainer that they saw Aaron’s head hit the ground hard when he was caught from behind. I will know more when we get to see the film.

After 15 minutes, he still could not form a complete sentence so our trainer had his mother and I take him to the ER. They diagnosed him with the concussion and have turned him over to our team doctor to make his assessment on what Aaron’s standing is for the remainder of his season.

Thank you again to everyone who reached out, and prayers from the board would be much appreciated by his mother and I. God bless.

Prayers for a fast and complete recovery.  Heartbreaking to see for a young man playing a game he loves.

21 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Prayers for your son!  And you and wife as well!

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words. Aaron was diagnosed with a pretty severe concussion. We did receive great news though.

Aaron was born with what’s called a Porencephalic Cyst on his brain. Doctors have called him a “Wonder Kid” because an overwhelming majority of kids that are born with this affliction have Cerebral Palsy and generally do not live past their early 20s. They usually have really bad health issues their entire lives. Not only has Aaron been blessed with great health, but has been able to be a standout athlete and is being recruited by some colleges in both baseball and football. He was diagnosed with the concussion, but the doctor said that there was no change with his lesion.

The power of prayer really works! We have been contacted by so many coaches, players, and parents from teams all over the region, and prayers were even asked for during the Tennessee High football game radio broadcast. There are too many to thank individually, so again, his mother and I would like to thank everyone in our SWVA football family. He has had a good weekend and hopes to be back on the field soon. 

God bless!

Been lifting your son in prayer.  Praying for complete recovery.  In my immediate family two young members were diagnosed with cancer within a 2 week period.  It literally knocks you off your feet, but my trust in God and the prayers of so many have been a comfort.  Knowing the board has been covering your family and Aaron at this time with prayers means a lot.   Your heartfelt posts says it all.  

1 hour ago, tbgfan said:

Been lifting your son in prayer.  Praying for complete recovery.  In my immediate family two young members were diagnosed with cancer within a 2 week period.  It literally knocks you off your feet, but my trust in God and the prayers of so many have been a comfort.  Knowing the board has been covering your family and Aaron at this time with prayers means a lot.   Your heartfelt posts says it all.  

Your two young family members will be in my family’s prayers!

Thank you for your kind words. God is good!