Union fans...

GMan

I know that most of you are good guys with lots to talk about on this board.  However, some of your fans just don't know when to shut up.  I have taken care of one of them for a while but I'm putting it  on the rest of you good posters to reign in the few idiots that make you look bad.

We don't want one (or two) bad apples to spoil the bunch, otherwise I'll take care of them...

I thought BD was just making a dumb joke that honestly wasn't funny, and while some (most of them from Union) have taken quite a bit of delight in LB manhandling Bluefield, I haven't saw a ton of egregious behavior.

I'm not being smarmy or trying to pick a fight or trying to be a dick, I'm truly asking: can you point out the stuff you're talking about, aside from BDs dumb joke? I'll do what I can to try and corral some of the more outrageous Union posters but I need to know what I'm looking for.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 10:34 PM, GMan said:

I know that most of you are good guys with lots to talk about on this board.  However, some of your fans just don't know when to shut up.  I have taken care of one of them for a while but I'm putting it  on the rest of you good posters to reign in the few idiots that make you look bad.

We don't want one (or two) bad apples to spoil the bunch, otherwise I'll take care of them...

Your gonna suspend a mans account for a joke and call him an idiot when he can’t defend himself?  Come on man. 

A joke was made about bluefield football. They lost a game. Some of us cut up. I made some jokes. I, BearDawg, got suspended for two months with no warning for a joke. Didn’t violate any board rules that you agreed to when you open an account. Would the same thing happened had I made jokes about east side or central???  Doubtful. I got no problem with you gman. But you need a thicker skin. Just because some of “us idiot, bad apple” Union fans don’t follow bluefield football doesn’t make us just that. I suspect I’ll be removed from the forum after this. But I’ve waited for long enough. And I just stumbled across this and figured I’d speak out. All towns have fans that cut up. Some y’all out of the sis elf their mouth. Some have zero football knowledge. Some have a ton (Union Fan and bluefield researcher for two. Much respect!). Some like to stir a stink. I’ve been a positive poster on this forum. I try to stick to damage control for the most part. But I do call a spade a spade. I don’t always agree with people. Not even Union fans. But that’s how people are. 

You run a good forum. But slow down on the power trips. We all know you can drop the hammer. But if you think this forum is my life, wrong. Is it fun to read. Sure. Post on?  Sure. But not life. 

As for this account, I did go to Hopewell for a while before moving back to Appy.  So I am a blue devil as well  but I’ll always be a Dawg!

So to summarize, I am NOT sorry for my joke. It was goofy and light hearted. No name calling was done in it. It was a simple joke. So you decide my fate. Both of them lol. But to come at me when I can’t defend myself is just a cowards act. 

arguing on the net is kinda pointless. site is supposed to be informative, fun, and just a way to keep up with teams/ players. everything else is opinionated or somewhere in between to the point nobody agrees or shares the same views. if that hurts feelings then even internet arguing is 2 tough for your thin skin.  you can probably figure out a way to claim bullying/ptsd/hostile environment, etc. this is aimed at no one particular, just a general statement. 

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

arguing on the net is kinda pointless. site is supposed to be informative, fun, and just a way to keep up with teams/ players. everything else is opinionated or somewhere in between to the point nobody agrees or shares the same views. if that hurts feelings then even internet arguing is 2 tough for your thin skin.  you can probably figure out a way to claim bullying/ptsd/hostile environment, etc. this is aimed at no one particular, just a general statement. 

Agreed. Wasn’t trying to argue. Just making a point. The bullying comment was spot on. Pc culture.