Richlands vs Graham

#1BLUESFAN

This game will come down to the mentality of Graham. Last year they finally ended the streak, but this is still Richlands we are talking about. Since the passing of Carlock, Richlands has owned us. Like a lot of other people have posted, if Graham commits stupid and unnecessary penalties, Richlands can name the score. I look for a good showing from both teams and the G-Men pulling out a very hard fought W over their bitter county rival. Graham 21  Richlands 17 

5 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

A bad RC team?  The game was 7-6 with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter.  Yes, RC should not have been D2.  Most likely they win D1 if they are there that year.  RC gave PV more of a fight in the playoffs than the Region C champs did.  Yes I am sure PV overlooked them, but RC didnt just roll over and let PV dominate them either.  

That Rye Cove team didn't beat any good teams during the regular season, and clearly should have been in the D1 playoffs where they would have prospered bc they weren't a terrible team. But for a D2 playoff team in a strong Region D, D2, that year, they were underwhelming. They did play PV close, much closer than Giles did, but I believe a showdown with Gate City in a week was most prominent on their minds. It allowed RC to hang around, but I don't think anyone would argue they were a threat to win the region. They were the bottom seed after all.

I agree they werent a threat.  PV was the dominant team that year in the region.  RCs losses were to Haysi and a 28-21 loss to Honaker who won the BDD and lost by 2 at GC that same day.  D1 was where they belonged though, but they made a proper showing for themselves was my only point.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:26 PM, 1inStripes said:

I agree they werent a threat.  PV was the dominant team that year in the region.  RCs losses were to Haysi and a 28-21 loss to Honaker who won the BDD and lost by 2 at GC that same day.  D1 was where they belonged though, but they made a proper showing for themselves was my only point.

I forget the RB on that team, Zack something IIRC, but they would have been a real region contender in D1 where they belonged. I think both PV and GC were kinda on cruise control and just wanting to get to the showdown in BSG, but Rye Cove was for sure respectable in their showing. 

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

"Richlands earned its first win over Graham since 2007 last year".....

Uhhhhhhhh

Depending on what happens with Grayson Co(keep an eye on Alleghany, NC) over the next 3 weeks, this could be the battle for the #3 seed (barring a Union/Ridgeview upset). Graham has the athletes to stop the pass, but what about the run? Richlands doesn't have the speed to chase down the G-Men, but if they control the line they won't have to. While this is anyone's game, I flipped a coin and it turned up Graham. However, for point purposes, go Blues!

Graham - 31
Richlands - 21

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Says who? WGTH? No way he was past the line.  Just a heads up play. I was standing at the fenceline when it happened.  Graham has it dialed in tonight.  

He was 2 yards past the line. Happened right in front of me.