Marion at Tazewell

HurricaneWarning

I said during the preseason that this would be the game of the year and I'm sticking by it. In a weekend that promises A LOT of coin toss games, this one might be the most challenging to pick. Winner gets a neat-o wooden dragon, as well as the opportunity to get fed to Ridgeview/Union/Graham in November, and the loser likely stays home.

Can't speak for Marion as I can only go by what I see on here and what I hear at work.  The dogs had better find some form of defense.  They blocked the run like a screen door blocks the wind last friday.  Ft had one play, but it was all they needed.  Their QB is big and powerful runner and had a pretty strong D line to crash though the line.  Broken record time.  If we can get into the open spaces Marion won't catch us.  If we can drop the passes over the top then a good chance.  Bottom line it all comes down to our defense period.

Can't pick against the dogs and afraid to pick a final score but I'll say the dragon trophy comes back home by a 2 TD margin.

10 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

The dogs had better find some form of defense.  They blocked the run like a screen door blocks the wind last friday.  

Very true. I had high hopes for Tazewell having a winning record this year. Friday night's performance was disappointing to say the least. If Marion can find someone willing to run the ball up the middle it may be another long night for Tazewell.

2 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Very true. I had high hopes for Tazewell having a winning record this year. Friday night's performance was disappointing to say the least. If Marion can find someone willing to run the ball up the middle it may be another long night for Tazewell.

Again only going by some people here at work, they say Marion has no size that can pound the ball up the middle.  So I am hopeful.  Even though I don't agree with the whole playoff scenario and harder to miss than make it (another argument for another day) it would be nice to see the Dogs make it as a reward for their patience and hard work that they have put in.

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Again only going by some people here at work, they say Marion has no size that can pound the ball up the middle.  So I am hopeful.  Even though I don't agree with the whole playoff scenario and harder to miss than make it (another argument for another day) it would be nice to see the Dogs make it as a reward for their patience and hard work that they have put in.

Having seen both, Tazewell has way more athletes than Marion does. Marion is not a bad team though. I think Tazewell can outscore the Canes, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. 

What is the story with Tazewell? I honestly expected a giant step forward this year, even with the young team. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic, but I would have predicted 5-5 or 6-4, with a playoff berth. I wish them well, as with other Tazewell County and area teams. On a side note, both Richlands and Graham, have performed about as I had expected.

Tazewell problem.

No defense. Unable to tackle. Limited playbook and poor use of athletes.

Very talented and quick. In space athletes make plays on offense. 

Defense will usually be in the right spot but tackling is awful.

30 minutes ago, Popeye said:

Tazewell problem.

No defense. Unable to tackle. Limited playbook and poor use of athletes.

Very talented and quick. In space athletes make plays on offense. 

Defense will usually be in the right spot but tackling is awful.

I agree to an extent. Idk if you watched the game last night or not. For 3 quarters Tazewell got whipped. In the 4th quarter they showed they can play football. The only way to describe the first 3 quarters is flat out LAZINESS!The play calling, the type of offense, or the type of defense did not change in the 4th quarter. The only difference was they decided to play. They are under achieving and if they don't change their mentality next year will be a repeat of the past 10 years. Next year starts Monday in practice for these kids. The excuse "they are young" needs to end. Sooner or later they are going to have to decide how bad they want it. Can't blame the coaches for everything. 

Difference of 2 halves looked to be the change at QB. Both are play makers but #15 is a QB. When he's leading the offense it produces results. Maybe it was discipline issue but he didn't play last week either. Thats the poor use of talent.

The defense cannot tackle. They are in position to make plays more often than not but get dragged 3-4 yards before a tackle is made if at all.

Far to predictable on offense. If you swing a hammer at nail enough you will eventually hit it. Marion's top 2 rushers RB and QB carried the ball an obscene amount. Marion's fourth quarter lapse was more about fatique than the dogs finding something. I'll agree with the lack of effort and desire. Flat is flat. When tazewell scored early in the fourth it appeared they found a desire to win but still were unable to keep Marion on their side of the fifty. Maybe a combination of your assessment and mine?