Week 9 Pod Questions?

Ryan4VT

Hypothetically-

Should a person who said he would buy everyone on a message board a frosty if Bluefield was held to 6 points at home be held accountable for that statement if Bluefield had the ball inside Lord Botetourt’s 5 yard line down 17-3 but they threw two incomplete fade routes in a row on third & fourth downs even though their offensive line is bigger than the ‘85 bears?

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Hypothetically-

Should a person who said he would buy everyone on a message board a frosty if Bluefield was held to 6 points at home be held accountable for that statement if Bluefield had the ball inside Lord Botetourt’s 5 yard line down 17-3 but they threw two incomplete fade routes in a row on third & fourth downs even though their offensive line is bigger than the ‘85 bears?

Yes. 🤨

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Hypothetically-

This will be addressed lol. 

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

Hypothetically-

The man helped bring the site to us, therefore I forgive him. That and I would rather have Dairy Queen.

With the recent temperature drop, what makes for better football games, the heat and humidity ones, or the muddy, sloppy, bone chattering ones that spit snow?

Do you think there is a chink to be found in Ridgeview's armor, if so explain, or was it just an off week for the Pack?

Seriously not starting trouble here just curious but why can someone leave Bluefield out of their poll but somebody can vote for them twice? Honestly just curious of how that works. It doesn’t seem fair to me. If that’s how it works couldn’t someone just vote x amount of times for twin Springs (no offense — just chose a winless team) and they become a part of the top 10? Not sure if this is podcast worthy but just curiousity.. 

Hopefully, you haven't recorded yet...

No update on playoff scenarios. Top 5 is what it was last week, but tonight will help clarify part of that. Positions 6-8 is a complete mess and nearly every remaining game between the current 6-12 teams is a complete toss up. At this point, all of those teams are still  mathematically alive to make the playoffs with the exception of Lebanon. Yes, that even includes Gate City and Central!

9 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Hopefully, you haven't recorded yet...

No update on playoff scenarios. Top 5 is what it was last week, but tonight will help clarify part of that. Positions 6-8 is a complete mess and nearly every remaining game between the current 6-12 teams is a complete toss up. At this point, all of those teams are still  mathematically alive to make the playoffs with the exception of Lebanon. Yes, that even includes Gate City and Central!

We're recording at 2pm today and I'll release it as soon as it's recorded. So you haven't mentioned it yet. We've got a full segment planned on the playoff seedings and such. 

We've been fortunate to have several D1 players in the area the last two years. What can be attributed to the rise of talent (compared to the last 10 years where the numbers have been much lower)

If you're a coach that has been hired to rebuild a program, would you prefer a school with a great winning tradition to live up to (i.e. Gate City, Lebanon) or a school with no winning tradition wherein you can create your own culture (i.e. Twin Valley, Wise Central, literally any of the Washington County schools)

Is Bluefield's performance against Lord Botetourt an indicator that they aren't worthy of the hype or was it a quality loss?

12 hours ago, GloboGymCobras said:

Seriously not starting trouble here just curious but why can someone leave Bluefield out of their poll but somebody can vote for them twice? Honestly just curious of how that works. It doesn’t seem fair to me. If that’s how it works couldn’t someone just vote x amount of times for twin Springs (no offense — just chose a winless team) and they become a part of the top 10? Not sure if this is podcast worthy but just curiousity.. 

Since I count the votes, I’ll help the fellas out.

No team gets counted more than once in any poll. If “Team X” is listed twice, they get the point total of their highest number listed. The second time that team is listed, nobody gets that point total.

19 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Since I count the votes, I’ll help the fellas out.

No team gets counted more than once in any poll. If “Team X” is listed twice, they get the point total of their highest number listed. The second time that team is listed, nobody gets that point total.

Thank you for explaining. 

12 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Hypothetically-

How many insurance policies would one have to sell to buy everyone on this message board a Frosty?

By my math, a about 10 whole life policies for adult smokers above the age of 50 and that's before you grease underwriting to get them written FOR SURE.

2 hours ago, V-Cats said:

We've been fortunate to have several D1 players in the area the last two years. What can be attributed to the rise of talent (compared to the last 10 years where the numbers have been much lower)

If you're a coach that has been hired to rebuild a program, would you prefer a school with a great winning tradition to live up to (i.e. Gate City, Lebanon) or a school with no winning tradition wherein you can create your own culture (i.e. Twin Valley, Wise Central, literally any of the Washington County schools)

Is Bluefield's performance against Lord Botetourt an indicator that they aren't worthy of the hype or was it a quality loss?

Just the first one: Multiple platforms of social media. Word of mouth was the main way before and still works, but now there is video and such to back it up. Also, there are multiple camps multiple times a year for one to attend. Its not that D1(or any level) talent was never here. Just more exposure in today's climate. Fantastic questions tho