Abingdon @ Union

Union_Fan

18 minutes ago, BigO said:

Maybe Turner is waiting until the playoffs as to not give away some plays? Is he capable of that?  Serious question. 

He’s been known to play it a little close to his chest with play calling. Could be the case but that’s two big games (Ridgeview and Abingdon) that it’s been an issue IMO. I think our only chance to make a deep run in the playoffs is to open it up and use or weapons. 

24 minutes ago, BigO said:

Maybe Turner is waiting until the playoffs as to not give away some plays? Is he capable of that?  Serious question. 

2 minutes ago, GoBearsGo said:

He’s been known to play it a little close to his chest with play calling. Could be the case but that’s two big games (Ridgeview and Abingdon) that it’s been an issue IMO. I think our only chance to make a deep run in the playoffs is to open it up and use or weapons. 

It’s wishful thinking to think that he’s saving something for the playoffs. The offensive playbook was opened up when we played Central, yet last night it was very, very basic. If in your two biggest games of the year (RV and Abingdon) you have a hard time opening it up, there’s no way it’ll happen in the win or go home playoffs. 

Better team on Friday night won. Abingdon didn't beat themselves, capitalized on some big Union mistakes, wore down the defense and it paid off in second half. Lucas is a load to bring down and Seymour is always going forward. Neither QB looked very good but Boothe did just enough to keep the Bears honest. He didn't connect on anything down the field but wasn't afraid to try and that gave the Union defense a reason to respect the deep ball. Union didnt.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I guess the good news is we can still out point Graham for 2nd place. That's what we expected since the Ridgeview game. If that happens, we'll have Battle 2 weeks in a row.

biggest difference is a match up with Graham, the hottest team in Region D, in second round. Needless to say I'm not optimistic.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

biggest difference is a match up with Graham, the hottest team in Region D, in second round. Needless to say I'm not optimistic.

Would have been Graham/Grayson anyway had Ridgeview not lost to Abingdon and could have still been Graham if Grayson won out and we were #1 seed.