Abingdon @ Union

Union_Fan

3 hours ago, Bigtom said:

And the Ridgeview Union game wasnt big enough?

I don’t know if you know the massive undertaking that broadcasting a game comes with. It’s days of prep. It’s pulling every single person that you have to run a camera either there, or shooting the other games in place of the ones that regularly shoot football. It’s a mobile command center (18 wheeler) that is 5 figures to rent. It’s getting there at 7am to set up and leaving the game at 1am after you’ve torn down. It’s overtime and people being taken away from their families more than usual. It’s also viewer fatigue. A game broadcast makes viewers that’s don’t go to games miss the shows they may normally watch on a Friday night  doing that two weeks in a row causes a stir. Trust me, people already weren’t happy we aired the GHS/Betsy game on Fox because they missed a show they liked  

It’s sooooo much more than “And the Ridgeview Union game wasn’t big enough.” 

Yes, Ridgeview @ Abingdon was clearly big enough. But it just so happened to be the week after the Greenville/Betsy game. If union Abingdon was this week and RV/Abingdon was this coming week, then it would be that game. 

48 minutes ago, big ugly vol said:

Wish I could go to this game. Alas,  my son is a senior at Ridgeview, so I’m stuck at Pike Central Friday. Abingdon’s OL is big and NASTY!!!! Fun to watch for an old big ugly. They dominated us up front. Dominated doesn’t even really do it justice. Gonna DVR  Abingdon / Union I guess.

I don't have DVR but I think my grandpa still has a VCR  so I may try to record it.  I'll be at game but would like to rewatch it later.

Weather is looking REALLY crappy right now. If it's as cold and wet as the forecast, I'm afraid it will keep people from coming out, possibly even more so due to it being televised, and thus lose the atmosphere that gives us such a great home field advantage. Maybe the weather will hold off. Hoping Thursday is still an option.

11 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Weather is looking REALLY crappy right now. If it's as cold and wet as the forecast, I'm afraid it will keep people from coming out, possibly even more so due to it being televised, and thus lose the atmosphere that gives us such a great home field advantage. Maybe the weather will hold off. Hoping Thursday is still an option.

Fair point, but I don’t think the fans who actually create the atmosphere would miss it. Regardless of conditions. The fair weather fans, maybe.. 

24 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Fair point, but I don’t think the fans who actually create the atmosphere would miss it. Regardless of conditions. The fair weather fans, maybe.. 

True. I'll be there regardless. Just want the WCYB viewing audience to get the best experience possible.😎

28 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

With WCYB broadcasting the game, I doubt they move it to Thursday. It’s a lot more logistics now than just telling the fans, cheerleaders and band when to show up lol. 

Will they show a replay Saturday like they did with Greeneville and Elizabethan

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Will they show a replay Saturday like they did with Greeneville and Elizabethan

9 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Not sure. I'll ask when I go in tonight.

Greeneville/Elizabethton is on YouTube, so maybe they do the same with Union/Abingdon.

44 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I'm thinking it'll help Union because of Abingdons passing game

I don’t think it would make too much difference. AHS rushed 256 and passed for 174 last week. So it may be a low scoring ground and pound game. This isn’t the same Falcons Amburgey coached a few years ago where they wanted to air it out 85% of the time. They are more balanced. 

Likewise not the same Bears team from when Mitchell was there. They appear to rely more on their run game and throw less. 

To win Friday Union must throw the ball, ABINGDON will fill the box with 9 no doubt.They are very big up front and appear very athletic and strong.The tight end should be open all night and if you line JENKINS out at a slot he will be covered by a LINEBACKER for the first 20 yards.that will open up the running lanes as well as a screen or two

33 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

To win Friday Union must throw the ball, ABINGDON will fill the box with 9 no doubt.They are very big up front and appear very athletic and strong.The tight end should be open all night and if you line JENKINS out at a slot he will be covered by a LINEBACKER for the first 20 yards.that will open up the running lanes as well as a screen or two

The screens must come quicker than the Central game. When a team as young as that reads them,you know it's way too slow in developing

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

The screens must come quicker than the Central game. When a team as young as that reads them,you know it's way too slow in developing

Our WR screens have been predictable for years. The TE screens, however, have been very effective, but don't do them often. The RB screens have been hit and miss.

11 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Does anyone have any inside information on if we are still planning for Friday or moving the game? 😂

0% chance. It's Friday, regardless of weather.

40 minutes ago, cwood78 said:

Best of luck to bears and falcons, hope there's  no helmet  bouncing  balls, or td catches out of bounds.  !!!    Lol!  

Hopefully, those were the only 2 trick plays Abingdon iwas planning for the season. Haha