Gate City @ Central

Warriors_XO

3 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Why waste 2 months of weight lifting and conditioning with him? 

That's usually when the school board votes on the football coach. All we can do is wait and see. 

12 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Time will tell but I really think that next year the Warriors will be a playoff team and in 2 years a legit title contender.

I think central could make the playoffs this season if they can get the word off grundy next week

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

I hope you're saying a contender for a M7 championship and not a state title........

Yep M7. Uphill climb speed and talent wise for SWVA teams these days sadly

23 hours ago, Unchained said:

Yep M7. Uphill climb speed and talent wise for SWVA teams these days sadly

I could maybe see that. But I think in two years, RV will have Adkins as a senior and Union has a very talented group of 8-9th graders coming up. It's possible but maybe not likely.

Key to Central’s long term success is getting a weight lifting program going. Not having advanced PE for athletes to take like other schools do really shows up at the varsity level. Secondly, they need to quit playing all this travel football with their kids. They aren’t developing any depth. At that age level you should be learning fundamentals and learning how to play not trying to win a youth league super bowl.