2A POY Candidates

Goat

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Never said he wasn't. Just saying he isn't this beast no one has ever seen before. Some are saying he's the best player in 2A, over guys like Cam Allen who's going to Purdue, etc..

I said best defensive player not best overall player

Philpott is VERY impressive in the video I've seen. He and Stidham(Union's DT last year) are similar, but I think Philpott is quicker and his lateral movement is better.

And the best HS player, at his position, isn't always the one with the D1 scholarship. Sometimes the best HS player simply couldn't excel at the next level for whatever reason, height, weight, etc...

And sometimes the D1 kid is in a position in HS that doesn't showcase his recruited skills. Scruggs, Allen, Mitchell, Heath Miller and Thornhill weren't recruited to be QBs.

I wish Union had caught RV during this stretch of not getting Sexton involved lol, Sexton seemed like made all the big third down plays against Union. Everyone knows Adkins is very capable but Sexton gives them another level of offensive firepower.

On 10/23/2018 at 8:33 PM, BigWinners said:

I can't see Adkins as offensive POY. Numbers aren't there.

Adkins has put up some pretty decent numbers thru 8 weeks. I'd say Cam will win it but I can't think of anyone that's put up the type of numbers those 2 have in 2D. But  you guys know better than I do. Trenton has carried it 153 times for 1,256 Yds 17 TDs & at least 300 Yds Rec  and like 4 TDs. That's an average  of 19 carries a game 157 Yds rushing pg