2A POY Candidates

Goat

I’ll say this for any players who may be reading this board.  I’ve always found it true that if you focus on doing the little things right, the big things and the accolades will follow.  Stay hungry; don’t go fishing for attention; don’t read your own press clippings; and keep making yourself better every day.  

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I’ll say this for any players who may be reading this board.  I’ve always found it true that if you focus on doing the little things right, the big things and the accolades will follow.  Stay hungry; don’t go fishing for attention; don’t read your own press clippings; and keep making yourself better every day.  

I don't always agree with UVA, but when I do.  THIS^^^^^^^^  Well said UVA.  No truer words were ever spoken.

I would like to see all coalfield team and POY in regions c and d since its the closest to us

38 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

When you say 2A are we talking in Region D or Region A,B,C, and D?

The best two players I have seen all season are without a doubt, Maxx Philpott from Glenvar and Zach Horton from Northside. 

Horton is only a sophomore at 6'-3" and 210 pounds!  In a Roanoke Times article over the weekend, he was referred to as "the eventual biggest recruit in Northside High School history."  

And yeah ima go there:

watching a lot of Philpotts highlights, he's a great player. But I don't think he's that much better than Unions best DT last season, Stidham. I know, I'm a stupid homer who doesn't know football blah blah blah, but I don't see a big gap there. 

32 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

And yeah ima go there:

watching a lot of Philpotts highlights, he's a great player. But I don't think he's that much better than Unions best DT last season, Stidham. I know, I'm a stupid homer who doesn't know football blah blah blah, but I don't see a big gap there. 

I know nothing about the kid from union and I'm sure you do but the question was 2A player of year THIS year...no offense

Philpott is best defensive player I've watched this year...and it's not close IMO

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I know nothing about the kid from union and I'm sure you do but the question was 2A player of year THIS year...no offense

Philpott is best defensive player I've watched this year...and it's not close IMO

People are proclaiming him the best player in 2A and just this absolutely dominant, never before seen DT. I simply noted he is great, but he's not a force that we have never seen before. 

19 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

People are proclaiming him the best player in 2A and just this absolutely dominant, never before seen DT. I simply noted he is great, but he's not a force that we have never seen before. 

Well I've probably saw him play 7-8 times over the last 4 years and he is a dominate force IMO

If we're talking about 2D, I could make a good case for:

Offense: Cam Allen 

Defense: Cam Allen

If I can't pick him twice, I would have to say:

Offense: Trenton Adkins 

10 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Well I've probably saw him play 7-8 times over the last 4 years and he is a dominate force IMO

Never said he wasn't. Just saying he isn't this beast no one has ever seen before. Some are saying he's the best player in 2A, over guys like Cam Allen who's going to Purdue, etc..

Just now, V-Cats said:

If we're talking about 2D, I could make a good case for:

Offense: Cam Allen 

If I can't pick him twice, I would have to say:

Offense: Trenton Adkins 

I can't see Adkins as offensive POY. Numbers aren't there.