Games being moved to Thursday 10-25

Bearcat Dad

9 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

On another note:  Abingdon and Union will still be in the rain and mud at Bullit Park on Friday.  Those that are willing to brave the elements can come on out.

We had a couple games in 2014 that were back to back against Middlesboro and Lee High at the park that were both played in absolute downpours. My friends and I refer to them as “the rain game.” Here we go again... 😂

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

I would say a bunch more will move also.  Teams wanting to get ahead of the tropical depression Willa.  Have bag ready and will travel I guess so at least I will be drier Thursday than Friday.

The remnants of Willa will combine with low pressure already in place to cause one heck of a Nor’Easter.

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The remnants of Willa will combine with low pressure already in place to cause one heck of a Nor’Easter.

I have a friend in the New England area who is certainly hoping so so he can get to skiing. 

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

We had a couple games in 2014 that were back to back against Middlesboro and Lee High at the park that were both played in absolute downpours. My friends and I refer to them as “the rain game.” Here we go again... 😂

That playoff game in 2013 against Lee was horrible. I remember people from Lee having a big red canopy set up in the stands.

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

On another note:  Abingdon and Union will still be in the rain and mud at Bullit Park on Friday.  Those that are willing to brave the elements can come on out.

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

Its been awhile since I've seen a game at the Park during or after a rain event.  I'm not entirely sure how well that thing drains.  It is right next to Powell River so it has to be in the flood basin.

Sand based bermuda. Drains well, not much mud, but footing won't be the greatest as chunks of bermuda will be flying everywhere.

47 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

It's all about the all-mighty dollar $$$$$.  It takes money to run an athletic program.  Fans stay home in bad weather, with a few exceptions.

Since you're the Weatherman can you like not let it rain Friday night between 5-10 pm? 😁

13 minutes ago, Smyhcounty said:

Maybe WJHL will cover the battle of the unbeatens since it’s on a Thursday night.  Not that two undefeated teams playing in week 10 is a big deal or anything. 😉

Doesn’t one team being favored by 20+ points take some of the wind out of its sails though? 😂