Chilhowie

ShadyMcGrady

5 hours ago, ShadyMcGrady said:

I thought the Warriors were good but they're not. They are real good. This was the first time I saw them this year and they have weapons. Also heard they had two starters out on defense and will be getting them back next week. Wow!

I’m with you shady. I’ve tried to be humble and not “gloat” in their accomplishments as a team, but it’s time to give credit where credit is due.  These guys are one amazing team. One of the best teams I’ve seen  in years come out of SWVA. Most teams with 3 starters out would crumble, Chilhowie did not, they proved last night what caliber of a team they really are. 

The big thing that people really underestimate around here because it's so rare that they see it, is how big of a difference it can be when a team has so much talent that they don't have to run players both ways. Football is a physically demanding sport, and being able to run players exclusively on offense or defense, especially in 1A is a HUGE advantage.

We'll see what happens. They will not have an easy path at all, especially if they run into Galax in the semis and Riverheads in the finals, but I've never seen a 1A team that looks the part of state title contenders more than the Warriors this year.

Also, it's tough to admit as a Marion fan, but Chilhowie fans have been class acts the past couple of years. The fact that they had some down years with as positive of an upturn as they have, it's tough to stay humble, but they've shown a lot of sportsmanship over the last two years. I'm not sure that I would have been able to restrain myself from gloating.