Richlands vs Va High

#1BLUESFAN

Could be a lot on the line with this game but it depends what happens in a few other games....the blues could be playing for a home playoff game I hear....correct me if I'm wrong there guys....i say at Blues win 31-28

Edited by #1BLUESFAN
Wrong letter

33 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Could be a lot on the line with this game but it depends what happens in a few other games....the blues could be playing for a home playoff game I hear....correct me if I'm wrong there guys....i say at Blues win 31-28

For Richlands to get to 4, Grayson has to lose Monday and Friday this week. What they directly control is the winner of this game will be the 5 and the loser will be the 6. A (likely) trip to Graham awaits the loser. The Blues need to win this one. 

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

For Richlands to get to 4, Grayson has to lose Monday and Friday this week. What they directly control is the winner of this game will be the 5 and the loser will be the 6. A (likely) trip to Graham awaits the loser. The Blues need to win this one.

So do the Bearcats, mi amigo 🤣 

We’re trying to avoid Mitchell in the first round too lol.

Watch the winner end up in Bluefield lol

On 10/28/2018 at 7:17 AM, Ryan4VT said:

For Richlands to get to 4, Grayson has to lose Monday and Friday this week. What they directly control is the winner of this game will be the 5 and the loser will be the 6. A (likely) trip to Graham awaits the loser. The Blues need to win this one. 

With Tazewell dropping the Ft Chiswell and Grundy games, I think Richlands is stuck at #5 even if Grayson loses both games because I don't see William Byrd beating Lord Botetourt and Northside.

14 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

With Tazewell dropping the Ft Chiswell and Grundy games, I think Richlands is stuck at #5 even if Grayson loses both games because I don't see William Byrd beating Lord Botetourt and Northside.

Even with that said, 5 is better than 6. I don't see GC beating Galax, so I'd rather travel to the middle of nowhere next week than back to Mitchell for another whooping.

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Even with that said, 5 is better than 6. I don't see GC beating Galax, so I'd rather travel to the middle of nowhere next week than back to Mitchell for another whooping.

This game is far from a given for Richlands.  VA High is more than capable of beating them.  This is a very good matchup, and the team that plays the more complete game for 4 quarters will win this one. Neither team has shown a consistent ability to do this. VA High has more skill players, and Richlands is deeper in the trenches.  This will be interesting! 

22 hours ago, Bearcat Dad said:

I do hope my Bearcats get another shot at Graham, just preferably not in the first round lol.

Graham is for sure the measuring stick in 2D this year, I just want us to get another shot, while we’re healthy.

I hope it is not in the first round...

But who knows?  The ‘Cats did beat Gretna on the road a few years ago...and if not for a questionable play call, would have gotten Richlands a year or two later. 

But beating Graham on the road would be a TALL task this season  

13 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

I hope it is not in the first round...

But who knows?  The ‘Cats did beat Gretna on the road a few years ago...and if not for a questionable play call, would have gotten Richlands a year or two later. 

But beating Graham on the road would be a TALL task this season  

That is very true! The playoffs come with a clean slate.

I believe we have the right formula to compete with Graham if we stay healthy. You could see early in our game this year, that our power back was headed for a big night before he got hurt. Sustaining long scoring drives would be our best chance against a team with Graham’s speed.

I think the student's tragic death last week had a major effect on the teams overall attitude in the Graham game.  Not to take away from Graham, as stated before, I have family on both teams, but Richlands was not into the game all night long.  You could see that they were down, and even the coaches were affected. At their best, not sure they would have beat Graham, but I think it would have been closer than the largest margin of victory for either team in 40 years.  Having stated all that; I think this will be a good game and I see Richlands using ball control (or clock control) and coming out with a slim victory.  Both teams have had good games and bad games. Hopefully both will do well, and play injury free.  Good luck to both in the playoffs and well wishes to either if they play Graham in the first round.