Abington 3A

Skipper

I can

i

But really he does have a Point.   Just because of the special ed enrollment puts them over the numbers.   Sorry bout it.  As i see it, it really doesn't help either side.  Mnt 7 teams have to play a AAA school and like this yr get beat but it also doesn't really prepare Abingdon for 3A playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Bigtom said:

But really he does have a Point.   Just because of the special ed enrollment puts them over the numbers.   Sorry bout it.  As i see it, it really doesn't help either side.  Mnt 7 teams have to play a AAA school and like this yr get beat but it also doesn't really prepare Abingdon for 3A playoffs.  

Nobody complains when the Mountain 7 teams beat Abingdon like last year, and they end up with bonus points for beating a bigger school.

Plus, the comparison of school size versus a 4 year age difference in teenagers is asinine. Now, if Abingdon’s varsity were playing M7 JV teams, then yeah.

I really hate the fact I’ve been forced to defend Abingdon. Bearcats hate Falcons and vice versa 🤣

1 minute ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Nobody complains when the Mountain 7 teams beat Abingdon like last year, and they end up with bonus points for beating a bigger school.

Plus, the comparison of school size versus a 4 year age difference in teenagers is asinine. Now, if Abingdon’s varsity were playing M7 JV teams, then yeah.

I really hate the fact I’ve been forced to defend Abingdon. Bearcats hate Falcons and vice versa 🤣

Now this i can agree with. 9 was just getting ready to post that its no different then playing Morristown or any other school with a higher classification.   I do think its good to play them.  I just wish VHSL would alow them to drop down.

1 minute ago, Bigtom said:

Now this i can agree with. 9 was just getting ready to post that its no different then playing Morristown or any other school with a higher classification.   I do think its good to play them.  I just wish VHSL would alow them to drop down.

I really don’t mind Abingdon being AAA, for the reason you posted earlier. If the special ed department is the reason they have such a high enrollment, then that should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not they have stronger athletic teams.

As far as getting them ready for 3A playoffs, outside of Northside and LB, their region is not very good this year. Abingdon has played at least 4 of the 2A playoff teams this year. 

Being a supporter of a 2A rival of Abingdon’s, I have no real issue with them being in a 2A district in football. They are in a very unique situation.

I have no problem whatsoever with Abingdon being in the M7. If Union is going to Schedule Mo West (1551 enrollment) they shouldn't have a problem with Abingdon's 924 students. A rising tide lifts all boats. Win or lose, it will only help us come playoff time.

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

I don't really care but it will be interesting to see if opinions change if Abingdon starts to rule the Mountain....just sayn.

Well if that happens I'll raise hell, just kidding.  Unions volleyball team has beaten Abingdon 3 out of 4 times this year so let's quit making excuses for the boys.