Akers Out at GC?

LongTimeSWVAFan

No matter who gets the job, the culture needs to get back to the way it used to be. focus on football with the kids being the main focus. make it fun again with the most important thing being the kids, not the coach or record. also the GC posters need to be more positive about the program. all the negative posts whether they are about the coaches or program in general are here for all to see including the kids that play at GC. positive energy will go a long way towards improving the mentality of the program because football is not all physical. the mental aspect is a very important part of any athletic program.

36 minutes ago, BLUEMAG911 said:

No matter who gets the job, the culture needs to get back to the way it used to be. focus on football with the kids being the main focus. make it fun again with the most important thing being the kids, not the coach or record. also the GC posters need to be more positive about the program. all the negative posts whether they are about the coaches or program in general are here for all to see including the kids that play at GC. positive energy will go a long way towards improving the mentality of the program because football is not all physical. the mental aspect is a very important part of any athletic program.

You ask any Gate City supporter right now, they are as positive as positive as can be. Now we gotta hire the right candidate. Still holding our breathe until we have a coach, but right now Big Blue Country is super positive about the future. The main problem is gone, now we have to find us a LEADER, and get the kids on board and get the kids back on the field who used to play who have quit because of Akers. 

All we needed we a little bit of hope. I haven’t heard this much good talk about the program in almost 3 years, and it’s only been a few hours since we’ve known Akers has quit. 

sounds good. it will be good to see a strong GC team back on the field. with the way the kids played the last few weeks it seems to me the kids have the talent and the want to. you are also correct about having the right coach for the future. with the right man at the helm I think the kids will be there waiting when the new season comes around.

Reed wouldn't benefit the program..look at all the other places he's ran in the dirt.hopefully they will get the right coach that will put them back some what the traditional Power house gate City us to be

5 minutes ago, Fisher said:

Reed wouldn't benefit the program..look at all the other places he's ran in the dirt.hopefully they will get the right coach that will put them back some what the traditional Power house gate City us to be

I'm not advocating for Coach Reed but I'm all ears on examples of what you're talking about.  His last head coaching job took a team that was good for maybe 2-3 wins a season to a playoff team.  Before that was at central and nothing else needs to be said about that because when have they ever been relevant in something other than girls basketball.

7 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

I'm not advocating for Coach Reed but I'm all ears on examples of what you're talking about.  His last head coaching job took a team that was good for maybe 2-3 wins a season to a playoff team.  Before that was at central and nothing else needs to be said about that because when have they ever been relevant in something other than girls basketball.

Anyone who thinks that Reed was any more than 1/10th responsible for what happened at Abingdon needs to immediately go to the ER for observation.

31 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Anyone who thinks that Reed was any more than 1/10th responsible for what happened at Abingdon needs to immediately go to the ER for observation.

Like has been said before, he put a good staff together. That’s what good head coaches do. Hope you’re a scarecrow for Halloween.