Akers Out at GC?

LongTimeSWVAFan

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Do you like a Philly sub anyway? If not you may not care for it. But if you do, there's is MUCH MUCH better than a Subway or Jimmy John's or the actual chain sub shops. Something about the  pizza ovens I guess. 

I also recommend the cheesy fries if you really wanna go all out lol. They have those great curly fries, and with the cheese on top, they're fantastic. But gotta get them fresh! Impossible to reheat  

Love phillys. Love cheese smothered curly fries too. Will be hard not to order pizza or baked sketti. But I’ll make it a priority to do. 

48 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Love phillys. Love cheese smothered curly fries too. Will be hard not to order pizza or baked sketti. But I’ll make it a priority to do. 

Hey you're preaching the the choir lol. Pizza is my favorite food. You can have it so many different ways, it never gets old. But that sub, at least in BSG, was always excellent. Man can't live on pepperoni alone, and for that I am eternally devastated. 

but I eat terribly unhealthy, just less of it lol. I always get mayo, I eat almost every sandwich with mayo, so with the rest of a Philly, it's a slimy, messy meal that is fantastic. 

Pizza Plus also has those cinnamon dessert sticks, so you can eat a decent sweet there too. Damnit Larry now I want Pizza Plus. You're paying for the cholesterol medicine 😛

19 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Hey you're preaching the the choir lol. Pizza is my favorite food. You can have it so many different ways, it never gets old. But that sub, at least in BSG, was always excellent. Man can't live on pepperoni alone, and for that I am eternally devastated. 

but I eat terribly unhealthy, just less of it lol. I always get mayo, I eat almost every sandwich with mayo, so with the rest of a Philly, it's a slimy, messy meal that is fantastic. 

Pizza Plus also has those cinnamon dessert sticks, so you can eat a decent sweet there too. Damnit Larry now I want Pizza Plus. You're paying for the cholesterol medicine 😛

Craving it myself. Might be my lunch stop for tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Craving it myself. Might be my lunch stop for tomorrow. 

If a love of food that's terrible for you can redeem this thread and bridge the gap between the GC folks and the guys from Wise County, we can truly achieve world piece lol.

I'm a pretty progressive guy, def further left than most everyone here, but damned if I wouldn't be weary of a football coach who ate kale salads instead of artery clogging food. 

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Do you like a Philly sub anyway? If not you may not care for it. But if you do, there's is MUCH MUCH better than a Subway or Jimmy John's or the actual chain sub shops. Something about the  pizza ovens I guess. 

I also recommend the cheesy fries if you really wanna go all out lol. They have those great curly fries, and with the cheese on top, they're fantastic. But gotta get them fresh! Impossible to reheat  

There's no better Philly sub in SWVA than the one you can get at Lyon's Den in Abingdon.

The bacon three cheese steak at Charlie's is also yummy.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

There's no better Philly sub in SWVA than the one you can get at Lyon's Den in Abingdon.

The bacon three cheese steak at Charlie's is also yummy.

Jersey Mike's is at the top of the charts for Philly Cheesesteak for me...it is hard to beat

There have been more twists and turns in this thread than a cheap garden hose!!!!!!

Nothing compares to authentic Philly Cheesesteak!  At least nothing I've had outside eastern Pennsylvania.  A suitable alternative for anyone making a trip to Galax is a small little place called Miller's.  It's a Mennonite place on US 58 about halfway between Galax and Hillsville.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:18 PM, SXSW said:

I heard the coach from Eastside interviewed and that Gerald Sensabaugh did not get one. 

Probably because he didn't apply for the job???

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

If they go the direction everyone is expecting...absolutely!

So which direction do you think they are going?  I think they would be well advised to hire someone outside of the GC extended family, and try a new approach.  GC will always be a football town, and the right coach can bring them back to what they should be.  GC fans are true to their team, but they need to allow the new coach and his assistance, time to bring them back.  Wish the best for GC, but think they need to change the atmosphere with the HC hire.  Good luck