Akers Out at GC?

LongTimeSWVAFan

This needs to stop in my opinion. What is seemingly a crack or knock on Gste City fans is actually hurtful and mean spirited towards Akers. That man doesn't deserve this. And yes, it is mean spirited and hurtful towards Akers even though the jab is towards GC fans. I get that, but the more time that passes by from Akers no longer being the coach at GC, the joke or jabs by keeping this thread alive become more hurtful to Akers than it does to the GC fans on this board. Only my take and I know not popular, but since he's gone from GC, the jabs or joke of keeping this thread alive shift more to Akers expense, and away from GC fans.

7 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

This needs to stop in my opinion. What is seemingly a crack or knock on Gste City fans is actually hurtful and mean spirited towards Akers. That man doesn't deserve this. And yes, it is mean spirited and hurtful towards Akers even though the jab is towards GC fans. I get that, but the more time that passes by from Akers no longer being the coach at GC, the joke or jabs by keeping this thread alive become more hurtful to Akers than it does to the GC fans on this board. Only my take and I know not popular, but since he's gone from GC, the jabs or joke of keeping this thread alive shift more to Akers expense, and away from GC fans.

I feel like the overwhelming majority of this thread is actually NOT about Akers at all. It took a life of it's own. No one at this point is taking shots at Akers, we are just continuing a thread that is possibly in contention for the longest of all time.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:24 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

You don't get the show

14 hours ago, Weatherman said:

And I doubt if Akers reads this board.

Akers & his assistants read the board daily. One of the assistants wrote me on here directly asking me to fight him 1. At his job & 2. I’m front of school children. 

18 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Akers & his assistants read the board daily. One of the assistants wrote me on here directly asking me to fight him 1. At his job & 2. I’m front of school children. 

That doesn’t make sense. 

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

If Akers or his staff read message boards that is all the reason I will ever need for them being terrible coaches. I agree with the premise of not a lot of talent on the team, but if you are going around butt hurt from a message board the is a "you" problem. If you don't wear your feelings on your sleeve you won't get them hurt...

4 hours ago, SXSW said:

If Akers or his staff read message boards that is all the reason I will ever need for them being terrible coaches. I agree with the premise of not a lot of talent on the team, but if you are going around butt hurt from a message board the is a "you" problem. If you don't wear your feelings on your sleeve you won't get them hurt...

You’re fooling yourself if you think that coaches from ALL the area schools aren’t reading this board 

21 hours ago, SXSW said:

I can tell you about 10-15 screen names right know who are coaches of various teams and sports on this board. It happens A. LOT. 

I am pretty sure Gate City has used forum posts and newspaper quotes as locker room material during the Colobro days. 

It can be a motivational technique.

I am certain they are not the first or the last to do so. 

Coaches, teachers, professors, and bosses read social media quite frequently. 

On 12/29/2018 at 1:08 PM, Ryan4VT said:

I can tell you about 10-15 screen names right know who are coaches of various teams and sports on this board. It happens A. LOT. 

If that is the case,it isn't any wonder society is all screwed up! The question must be ask, I am the cure or just part of the disease!  

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen gate city play off and on the last thirty years, one of the last times was a playoff loss to glenvar. Gate played them tight even though their was a definite talent gap. Over the last 3-4 years is it a cycle or kids not wanting to play football like at other high schools. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s a LOT. 

Just wondering how do you guys know that a bunch of head coaches read this board? Do you ask each individual coach? Or just go off the word that a person's team's head coach said they read it?

Not trying to upset you...just curious

7 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Just wondering how do you guys know that a bunch of head coaches read this board? Do you ask each individual coach? Or just go off the word that a person's team's head coach said they read it?

Not trying to upset you...just curious

They are moderators.  They know who everybody is on here.