Who will be the giant killers rd 1

jarhead24219

19 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

Depends on how low of a seed Graham ends up in.  Regardless if they're a 2 or a 4, there won't be much of a surprise if they represented Region D this season.

Agree, hottest team right now

I don’t see Union going very deep in the playoffs this year, I see them going one and done......Just don’t have the depth like they had last year and to conservative on offense. Just my opinion......Defense is not as tough either, I think Polier would be better with his hand on the ground coming off the end, and I have been impressed with #44 at the linebacker position. 

Graham wins Region D over Ridgeview

Chilhowie steamrolls Burton again in 1A

can't see any major upsets. No 8 over 1 or 7 over 2. 

I think Union could defeat Grayson in RD2 if they met and it's in BSG, but if it's Graham Bears are done. No one is touching Chilhowie. Possibly Galax but I'd be shocked if it's not Chilhowie v. Riverheads for 1A title and I believe Warriors have a shot. And Graham has a chance v. C winner, even if it's Glenvar. Winner of Region D v. C wins state title IMO in 2A

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Graham wins Region D over Ridgeview

Chilhowie steamrolls Burton again in 1A

can't see any major upsets. No 8 over 1 or 7 over 2. 

I think Union could defeat Grayson in RD2 if they met and it's in BSG, but if it's Graham Bears are done. No one is touching Chilhowie. Possibly Galax but I'd be shocked if it's not Chilhowie v. Riverheads for 1A title and I believe Warriors have a shot. And Graham has a chance v. C winner, even if it's Glenvar. Winner of Region D v. C wins state title IMO in 2A

Have you heard of East Rockingham?  That is a complete team. If they can avoid an upset at the hands of Central Woodstock, I would give them a better than 50-50 chance of winning it all.

13 hours ago, #BBN said:

I don’t see Union going very deep in the playoffs this year, I see them going one and done......Just don’t have the depth like they had last year and to conservative on offense. Just my opinion......Defense is not as tough either, I think Polier would be better with his hand on the ground coming off the end, and I have been impressed with #44 at the linebacker position. 

I also like what #43 what he is doing, not sure about moving him. Thanks for the shout out you give #44, that Is my son he is rough around the edges, I think in time with Couch Turner with some off season programs he will be a lot more fundamentally better next year.

9 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

I also like what #43 what he is doing, not sure about moving him. Thanks for the shout out you give #44, that Is my son he is rough around the edges, I think in time with Couch Turner with some off season programs he will be a lot more fundamentally better next year.

I'll 2nd that, #44 played really well. Some great hits. What grade is he in?

Ridgeview wins the Region D2. Graham crumbles, doesn’t have the moxie. Can’t handle not playing at home it seems. Coach Mullins will handle business on Rose Ridge. I think Union can go a couple games deep. Never count them out though. May go to the region finals. If graham has to come to the park, I go with Union. Grayson Co seems to be struggling late.  Richlands is always up for an upset  

Region D1,  Chilhowie is at the top until proven otherwise. Burton isn’t close to knocking them off. 

1 hour ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Ridgeview wins the Region D2. Graham crumbles, doesn’t have the moxie. Can’t handle not playing at home it seems. Coach Mullins will handle business on Rose Ridge. I think Union can go a couple games deep. Never count them out though. May go to the region finals. If graham has to come to the park, I go with Union. Grayson Co seems to be struggling late.  Richlands is always up for an upset  

Region D1,  Chilhowie is at the top until proven otherwise. Burton isn’t close to knocking them off. 

What example can you give of Graham not being able to play on the road? Just curious. 

Edited by 99Bama
Mistake

24 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'll 2nd that, #44 played really well. Some great hits. What grade is he in?

He's a Sophomore Sir, When we are talking off season weight programs, and condition I tell him it starts with himself, there always things that he can  do by him self such as running, pushups, pull up, setups, etc. That's a big thing I try to express to him about himself, don't need a team around him, to do things like that. lol

1 minute ago, UNION#ATW said:

He's a Sophomore Sir, When we are talking off season weight programs, and condition I tell him it starts with himself, there always things that he can  do by him self such as running, pushups, pull up, setups, etc. That's a big thing I try to express to him about himself, don't need a team around him, to do things like that. lol

That's great. And if he follows that advice, he'll only get bigger and stronger and the hits will get even better.

1 hour ago, 99Bama said:

What example can you give of Graham not being able to play on the road? Just curious. 

Short answer (and not trying to be a prick about it) last two trips to Bullitt Park. Last year had all the speed in their favor. Was never even in the game. Little bit more of a game a couple years prior, 2014 or 15 best I remember. 

8 minutes ago, Hhsdevils93 said:

Short answer (and not trying to be a prick about it) last two trips to Bullitt Park. Last year had all the speed in their favor. Was never even in the game. Little bit more of a game a couple years prior, 2014 or 15 best I remember. 

Ok I understand. I thought you were referring to something this season.

6 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

Have you heard of East Rockingham?  That is a complete team. If they can avoid an upset at the hands of Central Woodstock, I would give them a better than 50-50 chance of winning it all.

Yeah I'm aware. East Rock smashed Riverheads while Woodstock lost to them. But, Region C has won the last five titles. I'll take them until someone upsets them.