Union @ Battle

Union_Fan

Looks like everyone was reluctant to start this thread, so here goes. The Bears come in licking their wounds from their first regular season home loss since 2012. Did that wake them up or push them further into hibernation? If Union wins(and Grayson loses) they get to do again next week at home with these same Trojans. Lose and they'll have the Richlands/Va High winner. I think Union wins a hard fought contest 24-10. Of course, there is a slight chance of rain in the forecast for Bristol Friday evening. If that happens, I'm setting the Over/Under on Bear fumbles at 5.

Who ya got?

If the Bears can limit the turnovers and hopefully they have gotten healthy.  And by healthy I mean hydrated and get some injuries healed up they could bounce back this week.  It's hard to think Turner wouldn't have them ready.

On the other side of the coin the Trojans have been getting better each week.  It seems they believe now.  They have lost a few close ones.  Hung in some games with some really good teams.

I'm not saying this is a toss up but who wants it more.

Has anyone herd the condition on #43 is he back at full health? I feel Union will be getting ready in some play calling for the play offs, in my opinion I do hope they play in the rain to prepare them for the issues they are having due to bad weather. 31-17 Union

Do your job, nothing fancy.....hold onto the ball with two hands,if the ball feels slick before a punt ask for a new ball if time permits,catch the ball when it is snapped, and catch the ball when it is thrown to you, block and takle, like you have done all year ....easy peezy

7 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

It’s a wet day in Bristol. 🙄

Yes it is. Unfortunately, the forecast gives a good chance for a wet night too.

Don’t get me wrong, I love football in the rain, but we have Senior Night festivities tonight and my old lady HATES the rain lol. I’m sure I’ll hear all about it after we get off of the field 🤣

14 minutes ago, bristol8434 said:

I've heard they are doing construction on a new field house at Battle and that water isn't draining well off the field

When the rain chills out for a bit I’ll get out of the car and take a look. 😂

12 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

Yes it is. Unfortunately, the forecast gives a good chance for a wet night too.

Don’t get me wrong, I love football in the rain, but we have Senior Night festivities tonight and my old lady HATES the rain lol. I’m sure I’ll hear all about it after we get off of the field 🤣

It doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind to get wet. It’s just that Union seems to struggle in the rain, so 👎🏼 

12 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

When the rain chills out for a bit I’ll get out of the car and take a look. 😂

It doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind to get wet. It’s just that Union seems to struggle in the rain, so 👎🏼 

I was able to go to Battle Hill back in Week 1 because the Bearcats opened on that Thursday. I do know that they are remodeling their clubhouse, but I can’t speak on whether or not it affects the draining of rain water.

Yeah, I caught some of last week’s game on tv. It seems that the Bears don’t like the rain, so I understand where you’re coming from.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

We'll get a chance to prove whether we deserved the win next week when we play again. 

I probably typed that with a bit of emotion over logic. Unions Defense played very well, however it isn’t too difficult to stop the same play 40+ times a game. I can’t understand the incredibly vanilla play calling from battle. It was even More vanilla than Unions, and that says a lot. I’ve lost any faith I had left that the Union offense will come together. It comes down to our running game and hoping we can break a couple big plays a game. It’s pretty much all we have. 

19 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I probably typed that with a bit of emotion over logic. Unions Defense played very well, however it isn’t too difficult to stop the same play 40+ times a game. I can’t understand the incredibly vanilla play calling from battle. It was even More vanilla than Unions, and that says a lot. I’ve lost any faith I had left that the Union offense will come together. It comes down to our running game and hoping we can break a couple big plays a game. It’s pretty much all we have. 

It was a pig pen out there tonight, so I guess we should take that into consideration. Assuming it's dry this week, maybe we will see what both teams can do. Playoffs will be interesting for sure!