WK 11 FB UPDATES 11-01-02-03-2018

trublue

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

Looking for finals? Here they are. Your Sports Live Friday Night Finals from first-round NET playoff action and last week of regular season play in SWVA
Here are your final scores from high school football action in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia on Friday, Nov. 2

Times News Sports Retweeted

Eastside Spartans @eastsidevalive 
Jordan Rasnick surpassed the 2000 yard passing mark on the season and 4000 yards for his career tonight.

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports
Tidbits: Rye Cove won its first Cumberland District game since 2013 ... George Wythe clinched its 22nd straight winning season (last losing mark for the Maroons was a 2-8 showing in 1996). ... Chilhowie's regular-season win streak sits at 14. #VHSL #HCFH

Tim Hayes Retweeted Hogoheegee

Chilhowie completes its first perfect regular season since 1971. #VHSL #HCFH

Timesland @Timesland 

FOOTBALL -- George Wythe 41, Rural Retreat 34 -- Final. #timesland (recap -- http://roanoke.pointslocal.com/game/10774 ).
Congrats to Dorian Delp (RR) for setting a school record with 338 rushing yards.

Tim Hayes Retweeted

David Crockett HS Football @DC_Pioneers
The Pioneers are now 11-0, 1-0 in the postseason after a 20-17 win against the Knox Halls Red Devils in overtime on a walk-off touchdown. This is the first playoff victory in Pioneers football history.

great state

BlueTornadoLive @BlueTornadoLive
By the way, tonight’s win was Coach Mance’s 197th win at Richlands

1 hour ago, Canes00 said:

I'm glad Central beat Grundy... Marion didn't deserve to go to the playoffs at 4-6 

Come on Victor how can you talk so bad all year about the team that your son fought for. By the way Wise central is also 4-6. So if your going to have an account let’s make sure we support your “canes” instead of always putting them now. Go to Chilhowie because I don’t even think our biggest rivals are against Marion as much as you!  #nuffsaid 

Gabe Fiser has achieved the running back triple crown. He is the owner of Grundy High School's single-game, single-season and career rushing records. #VHSL #HCFH

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 Honaker High School @HonakerHSTigers
Congratulations to Chandler Hubbard for setting a new school single season record for touchdown receptions with 12. Chandler also tied the career record of 17 touchdown receptions. #hhs #tigers

great state

11 hours ago, Canes00Hater said:

Come on Victor how can you talk so bad all year about the team that your son fought for. By the way Wise central is also 4-6. So if your going to have an account let’s make sure we support your “canes” instead of always putting them now. Go to Chilhowie because I don’t even think our biggest rivals are against Marion as much as you!  #nuffsaid 

Who's Victor?? I think you've got the wrong person pal. My son is only a year old and I've never had anyone play for Marion so you might wanna get your facts straight.

13 hours ago, Canes00Hater said:

Yeah.....you got the wrong guy, bud. 

Football Games    11/03/2018

Va Gazette Sports @VaGazetteSports

Zach Eagle kicks a 20 yd field goal with 2.0 seconds remaining to give York a 13-10 win over Poquoson

#Teante Gray @TeanteGray
Final Phoebus 43-0 Menchville

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

With the win by Phoebus over Menchville, it officially eliminates the Hampton Crabbers from playoff contention, regardless of their outcome against Norview today. Marks first time since 2002 that the Crabbers will miss the postseason.

great state

The way I saw it from the stands both teams played in the same conditions.  I mean I just read here last week how much fun it is to play in the rain.  From my vantage point Marion's qb was better throwing the ball.  Marion threw it better.  Marion moved it better.  Marion scored the same number of offensive touchdowns.  Graham took a deep breathe when it was over.  Correct me if you watched the same game I did.

6 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Who's Victor?? I think you've got the wrong person pal. My son is only a year old and I've never had anyone play for Marion so you might wanna get your facts straight.

I guess you just glossed over the fact that you said that Marion didn’t deserve to get into the playoffs but what was Wise Central’s record? Oh yeah 4-6 so if you are going to trash talk a school, their players, and coaches you might want to change your name so you don’t sound like a cry baby like much the gate city fans everyone it tired of.

35 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I guess you just glossed over the fact that you said that Marion didn’t deserve to get into the playoffs but what was Wise Central’s record? Oh yeah 4-6 so if you are going to trash talk a school, their players, and coaches you might want to change your name so you don’t sound like a cry baby like much the gate city fans everyone it tired of.

He said he wasn’t Victor. And I’m a Marion fan and I agree. Who wants to make the playoffs at 4-6? Not trash talking our school, just speaking with a little common sense. 🙄

Goochland Athletics @GoochlandSports 12m12 minutes ago

Varsity football hangs on for a 17-12 victory over Amelia to finish 10-0! Bulldogs will host a first round game Friday night at 7:00

scrimmageplay @scrimmageplay 56m56 minutes ago
scrimmageplay Retweeted Tim Hartless

Buckingham ends the regular season with a 32-14 win on the road. Knights in the playoffs in Region 2C.

FLS Varsity Retweeted

Northern Neck Sports @nnksports

Final: Essex 34 Rappahannock 20

great state

1 hour ago, HurricaneWarning said:

He said he wasn’t Victor. And I’m a Marion fan and I agree. Who wants to make the playoffs at 4-6? Not trash talking our school, just speaking with a little common sense. 🙄

A team with a losing record probably shouldn’t make the playoffs but Marion can’t help that the playoff system is what it is. So why would you be cheering for your team not  to get in? Do you not think that an extra week of practice wouldn’t help the younger kids on the team? Just speaking with some common sense..

20 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

Hopefully there isn't too bad of a winter and they get the field cured by March for Baseball season.

Marion held graduation on that field a few years back in similar conditions.  Everybodys shoes ruined.  Some wore galoshes. Needs to be worked on badly and have better drainage. 

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

I suggest you bark up another tree hoss I've been a member on this site for 10 years and I haven't really had a problem with anyone on here. I said Marion didn't deserve to go to the playoffs with a 4-6 record what is bad about what I said? I also suggest you get your reputation up on this board before you talk a little smack.

9 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

A team with a losing record probably shouldn’t make the playoffs but Marion can’t help that the playoff system is what it is. So why would you be cheering for your team not  to get in? Do you not think that an extra week of practice wouldn’t help the younger kids on the team? Just speaking with some common sense..

Giles is 5-5 and don't deserve to be in playoffs...and that extra week means nothing IMO since it will be 9 months till they put their pads on again

8 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Graham took its worst loss in program history because it eked into the playoffs as a #15-seed with a 3-7 record.  That Graham team didn’t deserve to be in a postseason, and it is a black mark on the program that THAT specific Graham team made it.