SWVA Sports Podcast - Episode 40

Ryan4VT

Pikeview DID get points for beating Mount View. They got single A points (6) and 8 bonus points for each of Mount View's wins (and maybe one more if Mt View beats Greenbrier West). They got more points for that win than either game this past season. You DO get base points in WV when you play down and you DO get bonus points (rider) if there are any to get. You just don't get as many base points as you do when you play in your own class or higher.

In WV you don't get any points if you LOSE. Mt. View got zero points for the loss to Pikeview.

1 minute ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Pikeview DID get points for beating Mount View. They got single A points (6) and 8 bonus points for each of Mount View's wins (and maybe one more if Mt View beats Greenbrier West). They got more points for that win than either game this past season. You DO get base points in WV when you play down and you DO get bonus points (rider) if there are any to get. You just don't get as many base points as you do when you play in your own class or higher.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I had seen somewhere where you don’t get points for playing down or something. 

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Nope.  And that's a known fact...

On defense, yes, we are equally as young as VT.  By all means, compare the 2-deep and you’ll see how many sophomores we’re playing.  We are very slightly older on offense (due in part to the 2 transfers from the offseason).  Bronco/Howell are getting much more from their youth than are Fuente/Foster, and that, my friend, is the known fact.