Coach of the Year in Region D 1A and Region D 2A

#BBN

Agree with you goose111874, I myself have criticized Turner for his play calling this year, but to be 9-2 after losing 21 seniors last year is impressive to say the least.

I said in the first post of the thread I was very proud of the Thomas Walker Pioneers, Nick Johnson and his coaching staff has done an excellent job in Ewing. 2-8 two years ago, to making the playoffs two years in a row a d playing for a Cumberland district title this year speaks volumes about the kids and coaches. I know Nick personally and you can't ask for a better man to be leading a football team, he loves his players like they are his own and pours his heart and soul into that team and community. Johnson has my vote because like stated above, he has took a team that wasn't expected to do much and put them in the playoffs two times in two years!!!

Who ever wins the Region D would be most deserving. 

1A: can't deny a 13-0 coach.

1A: can't deny a coach that upsets a 12-0 team.

2A: Richlands as shocked once already. Can't deny him if they win.

2A: Lol Graham not sure we all no there spot on. But he is a #3 seed winning Region.

3 hours ago, Grapeape said:

Mance doesn’t have Graham’s weapons. (Almost) Anyone could look like a good coach with Palmer’s players. No team improves from week 0 to week 11 like Richlands. 

Graham does have talented players, which helps; however, beginning of season they were sloppy and undisciplined. Seconds half of season, defense has improved tremendously and that's a credit to coaching and good play calling on D. Give credit to Mance but I don't think you can discount Graham's coaching.  

Mullins loaded, Adams team over achieved, Turner lost 22 from last year and still went 9-3 , Palmer team is performing as expected, Mance, hummm still playing with a team most gave up on after GMen smoked them, he has delt with a kids suicide, his team being blamed for it(unjustly)lost a former legend football player, then as they get ready to play Ridgeview and another 17 year old girl dies in a car wreck as well as hurting Cody Howie and another former player , unless Palmer wins state I think Mance should at least get Co Coach of the year

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Mullins loaded, Adams team over achieved, Turner lost 22 from last year and still went 9-3 , Palmer team is performing as expected, Mance, hummm still playing with a team most gave up on after GMen smoked them, he has delt with a kids suicide, his team being blamed for it(unjustly)lost a former legend football player, then as they get ready to play Ridgeview and another 17 year old girl dies in a car wreck as well as hurting Cody Howie and another former player , unless Palmer wins state I think Mance should at least get Co Coach of the year

No disrespect to Richlands at all but little known fact is that Coach Mullins lost a former player this year also Nate Mullins.  He really wasn't that loaded got some help with a couple transfers that helped the team a ton.  If we are gonna go on overacheivment then we can throw Coach Owens in the mix.  Took a team who wasn't expected to do well to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Howie wasn't in the car. Landon Lowe was.

1 hour ago, BlueRazor said:

2A- Palmer (Graham)

I personally think he deserves it. I think he has come a long ways the past two years. Bringing Palmer in as Defensive Coordinator was a great move. 

Rex Bradshaw is DC at Graham and has  done a great job but I agree bringing D. Palmer on staff was a terrific move. Richlands was mostly know for their defense for years more so than offense so definitely Palmer was a nice add to Graham staff. He knows defense and is good at it. I am friends with several former Blue Tornadoes, they all have nothing but respect and admiration for D. Palmer. The GMen coaching staff all seem to work well together and it shows in the boys improvement throughout season, defense especially. 

10 hours ago, Hard nosed said:

No doubt after today’s win - Palmer coach of the year.  He beat Mance twice which in the past has been said to be impossible.

Tony Palmer no doubt. GMen manhanfled Mance & company both times. (Insert, lighthearted joke alert so no one gets "triggered" thus multiple 😂😂😂😂) Wonder if Mance regrets getting rid of his longtime defensive coordinator now? 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Gridiron60
Insert lighthearted joke alert

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Tony Palmer no doubt. GMen manhanfled Mance & company both times. Wonder if Mance regrets getting rid of his longtime defensive coordinator now? 😂😂😂😂

Real question. 

Do you *actually* know what happened? Or did you just hear the story that everyone tossed around?