Luke Owens

LongTimeSWVAFan

44 minutes ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

What an unreal job this man has done coaching. Lost his starting QB and wins 3 straight by the hair of his chin many due to his coaching decisions. Central going to the playoffs, amazing job. The future is so bright if the community can stick together and get behind this coaching staff!

Coaches have to go through some things some times to learn valuable lessons. I think he has done a great job of being flexible and changing things up to fit his personnel.  Some coaches get stuck and stubborn, and it costs them. He has realized that to win it may not come the way he prefers.  That will serve him well in the future for sure.

9 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Coaches have to go through some things some times to learn valuable lessons. I think he has done a great job of being flexible and changing things up to fit his personnel.  Some coaches get stuck and stubborn, and it costs them. He has realized that to win it may not come the way he prefers.  That will serve him well in the future for sure.

I don’t know much about him or them but don’t they run the ball now pretty much every play and they used to pass a lot before? Seems like he would be doing what all offensively lineman love to do and running the ball.  But like I said you seem to have a better inside knowledge 

3 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

I don’t know much about him or them but don’t they run the ball now pretty much every play and they used to pass a lot before? Seems like he would be doing what all offensively lineman love to do and running the ball.  But like I said you seem to have a better inside knowledge 

They have always been run heavy for the most part. Just changed up formations and scheme to accommodate smaller, faster players.

6 hours ago, jonah58 said:

They have always been run heavy for the most part. Just changed up formations and scheme to accommodate smaller, faster players.

Sometimes a misfourtune can turn into a blessing.  Mullins is going to be a special QB not taking anything away from McAmmis as he is a great athelete and even better person.  We have some great skill people and its great to get them in game and not rely on one or 2 kids.