Richlands 1st rd game

#1BLUESFAN

I could actually see Richlands winning this game. I've not seen Grayson play but everything I've heard & read is their Defense is tough but the offense is not an explosive style. Definitely a winning game for Richlands if they come focused, play smart and limit mistakes.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Richlands will win.  Only problem they'll have is the fans finding a seat in that wonderful stadium they have over in Independence.

Parking blows too...unless you get there early and park in the shopping center beside stadium

Should be a good game. Grayson has a solid front 7 and a stud a middle backer and they are very good at running the split back veer. Richlands also has a well coached front 7 that should be able to shut down graysons offense. If Richlands has time to throw the football they should tear up a weak Grayson secondary. If they try to run the ball it is a toss up game

8 minutes ago, rvsteer said:

This is a pretty good assessment Jags 52 ....Grayson pass D has given up a ton of yards past 2 weeks.....they just have very little team speed

Thank you, I honestly thing this will be the most competitive game in the first round

Galax forced Grayson to defend the width of the field with all 11 guys.  That Grayson front 7 played outstanding football for the first half but wore down chasing Galax from sideline to sideline all night.  Grayson adjusted by spreading the defense out a bit more which resulted in Galax gashing Grayson down the middle of the field for huge gainers, both running and passing.

I see Richlands spreading the field and forcing Grayson to cover sideline to sideline like Galax did.  Grayson will keep it close but run out of steam as the game progresses.  

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Should be a good game. Grayson has a solid front 7 and a stud a middle backer and they are very good at running the split back veer. Richlands also has a well coached front 7 that should be able to shut down graysons offense. If Richlands has time to throw the football they should tear up a weak Grayson secondary. If they try to run the ball it is a toss up game

Does Richlands have good team speed and an accurate QB? If so they stand a very good chance to win. One of the ways Grayson has scored on people this year was people would load the box to stop the run. The QB would get lost behind their big line at the mess point and pop out for a big gain or score.  Galax was able to stop them with just the front 4 and when he did pop it they would run him down.   

Galax had receivers running all over the field open all night. So you are correct about the DBs being a weak point. 

1 hour ago, Optimal62 said:

Does Richlands have good team speed and an accurate QB? If so they stand a very good chance to win. One of the ways Grayson has scored on people this year was people would load the box to stop the run. The QB would get lost behind their big line at the mess point and pop out for a big gain or score.  Galax was able to stop them with just the front 4 and when he did pop it they would run him down.   

Galax had receivers running all over the field open all night. So you are correct about the DBs being a weak point. 

Richlands doesn’t have over whelming speed but they are always going to be in the right spot so that makes up for it. I think the QB is accurate enough to hurt Grayson outside. Grayson should have some success moving the ball with the veer but Richlands will have all their gaps covered it will be hard to break the long one.

29 minutes ago, 99Bama said:

If Richlands can keep their emotions in check I don't see them losing this one. Rain, snow, sleet or shine. 

I didn’t think about that when I post last you have a good point

13 minutes ago, rvsteer said:

Just saw Richland roster ...if accurate they have MAJOR size advantage at skill positions.....Grayson skill on both sides very small

It’s not even close but Grayson has some good size and they are a hard nosed bunch 

2 hours ago, rvsteer said:

Just saw Richland roster ...if accurate they have MAJOR size advantage at skill positions.....Grayson skill on both sides very small

I feel like your underselling just a touch, what's your scoop?

Good news is Graysons field hasn't been played on in a couple of weeks  and  is in great shape.  Should not be a factor unless major, major rain over the next 24 hours. Radar shows rain to leave the area by 630 Friday. 

This is playoff time, and some teams that didn't play well in the regular season show up and plays their hearts out, while some teams that played well during the regular season show up with high confidence and plays the worst game all year.  Like Forest Gump stated, like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get in the playoffs.  Both teams have a good chance to take this one, but I think the Blues will pull it out in the end.

Side Note: As a Blues fan, I want to thank all who responded to the death of Devon Johnson.  Please keep praying for this family and this community.  Thanks guys.