GC Head Coach

#BBN

If I am thinking of the Union Assistant you are, I just can't see him going back to Gate City or see him being a head coach for that matter. I have spoke with one coach that has coached at both places and he said he was just happy to be back on the field helping with the kids, and he didn't see himself ever being a head coach after a stint in Tennessee.

I just find it hard to believe that Darren Reed will not be selected, considering he left Abingdon with 2 months to go before the start of the season. My opinion is he knew something at that point or he would have not made the decision to come back to GC.

I have also heard that Houseright is being thrown around, and if that happens it will be a big blow to Rye Cove. Houseright has made a difference at Rye Cove as far as coaching and getting the players fired up and playing better. I'd like to see him stick around the Cove for a little bit and see how they will do over the next few years.

I would assume a decision will be made soon, and we all possibly could be surprised by it.

7 minutes ago, GMan said:

Grapeape...

He can stock his coaching staff with some of the other GC posters. If that happened, GC state champs in 2019

And 2020

And 2021, 2022, loss in the 2023 finals because of a referee conspiracy, and then winning again in 2024.

Nobody on unions staff would be good enough.  It sure ain’t the dc.  He would be lost if not for Jones.  And the oc would be worse than Akers.  There is a reason Travis call the plays

12 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m interviewing for the job next week. Time for the Blue Devils to learn the single-wing

I believe I have the first interview after you, and I'll be installing the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach air raid. Time to chuck the ball down the field 70 times per game.

If I get the job over you, I'll hire you to coach the OL. If you get the job, I could be your DC. I'll install the Jerry Glanville Grits Blitz, eleven men at the line of scrimmage, lots of seven or eight man blitzes

It's a good thing I keep my chest waders nearby so I can slip them on before I check out the board..... chit is getting deep!  Seriously though, for the love of god (insert Chris Farley face)....make the right choice out of the options you have and stick with it.    The program needs some stability.  Whoever gets the job has some serious work cut out for them and it wont be fixed anytime soon.   Just some progress at all would be an encouraging sign though.  Good luck to whoever gets the job ...I'll be there supporting the kids again next year.  

Week 1. Rat Quillen

Week 2. Elliott Smith

Week 3. Robbie Salle

Week 4. Brent Roberts

Week 5. Lee Corso

Week 6. Hokie Bird

Week 7. Graham Clark

Week 8. Robbie Norris

Week 9. Larry Shivley

Week 10. LHL

5 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Week 1. Rat Quillen

Week 2. Elliott Smith

Week 3. Robbie Salle

Week 4. Brent Roberts

Week 5. Lee Corso

Week 6. Hokie Bird

Week 7. Graham Clark

Week 8. Robbie Norris

Week 9. Larry Shivley

Week 10. LHL

How about a "Wheel of Fortune" style selection process?  Plot twist, Akers and whoever is working the first window at GC pals at kickoff on Fridays has a space on the wheel.