GC Head Coach

#BBN

17 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I know he left DC under some odd circumstances, but seemed like he had them heading in the right direction. He would be a good hire.

He is Head Coach at Halls High School. They have brand new turf, so his days of mowing are over. 

He would be good for most of the kids and is probably what the program needs.  Hed get alot of kids to come out and play for the simple fact of who he is alone and probably breathe life into the program.  But the special snowflakes and their parents would faint when he got on their arses and tried to toughen them up.   Would be an interesting hire though.....however, not a snowball's chance in hell.  He would have been a nice hire after Colobro left when there was still plenty of spine in the program.  Still some tasty food for thought.  

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

He would be an A+++++++ hire for Gate City, but that’s not happening.

I agree and almost posted same exact thing, but I can't believe GC fans would accept that hire. He could really do some great things there.

7 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Oh I heard he applied. I was just guessing someone else to see if any more info leaked. I think someone with a good pair on him would be fine at GC. We are lacking that I don’t care what you think attitude. Need it back. 

Sensebaugh for sure fits that bill lol

Is there a better candidate out there than Darren reed?   He knows gc football.   Hc experience.   Abingdon still riding his coattails.   They will drop off next year.  If he don’t get the job... then Scott county school board is even dumber than what we think they are.   Give him a chance.  Give him at least 3 years.  That’s what Akers got.  If he can’t do it.  Then give houseright his chance.  If neither of those 2 work then scratch the program.  

1 hour ago, Grapeape said:

Why not? 

He is a brash, outspoken guy who isn't from GC and has no past connection or history with the program. He would attempt to shake things up in a major way and I'm not sure many in GC would want an outsider coming in and tearing everything down. For all the bad results, Akers isn't the brash, outspoken guy in public.

Personally I think they would take someone off the streets before they would have Akers back. Politics and people’s feelings need to be put on hold, and hire someone for the job that will take it head on and do their own thing and not let anyone in GC control their actions!!!!

GS would be a great coach at GC, but I can't see Scott County hiring him. If there's trash, he'll expose it. As far as the fans, I think we'd love him.

He'd also get things fixed that should've been fixed years ago. Like a PA system that doesn't cut out, a scoreboard that you can actually read, and get rid of the ugly *** gray britches!

2 hours ago, GC_Quincy said:

GS would be a great coach at GC, but I can't see Scott County hiring him. If there's trash, he'll expose it. As far as the fans, I think we'd love him.

He'd also get things fixed that should've been fixed years ago. Like a PA system that doesn't cut out, a scoreboard that you can actually read, and get rid of the ugly *** gray britches!

Are we talking about the same guy who cussed his players, denied doing it, and was cussing them on a school bus video? And the same guy that yelled and demeaned injured players and the athletic trainer at practice? And the same guy who threatened to expose his principal in the press and accused his AD being addicted to drugs only to change his story later on? Yes, that guy will be an excellent hire and will be available for coaching for the rest of his life because no other school system with any common sense will ever hire him. 

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Interesting.  Is that a fact or an opinion?

Ms. Ruby Wolfe & Mr. Stan Rogers we’re hired right out of college. Mr. Rogers graduated from Bluefield College in 75. Mrs. Rogers (Wolfe) May have been hired a year later after obtaining an advanced degree. The dates should be accurate.