Eastside vs Chilhowie

Smythcounty

10 minutes ago, CHS90 said:

Naa Everyone has their opinion. I just try to look at this year and what they have done.  Not what would have happened or how many times they would have won against some one.  It's playoff time.  Win or go home.  No matter who you have or don't have.  A complete team doesn't depend on one player. I guess it could be said if Chilhowie had scored on the 4 and inches in the state final, the score would have been 14-7 right before half. Then if they hadn't have fumble on the first drive of the second half they might have scored again. If their RB hadn't got hurt in the second quarter. Riverheads beat them, no excuses but that was last year. Over and done with. I try to show respect to all teams.

If Galax is playing to their competition then it should be a good game between the two (if they both make it) because Chilhowie is a legit team. If Galax plays in a lull, Chilhowie will beat them comfortably. However I do give Chilhowie the edge this year.  All they got to do is take care of business like they have been. 

If we all played by our opinion or its,  all the teams would have 10 or 11 different championships..lol 

Well said sir. Chilhowie caught a few rough breaks in the state championship game last year and Galax didn’t have their best player but that was last year. Chilhowie for sure has not played down to their competition. It would have been easy for a team as loaded at chilhowie this year to lay an egg against a PH or a GW but Coach Robinson has those boys laser focused. I have no clue what region C looks like but with all this hype let’s hope they both make it

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Galax would have won that game last year 4/5 of the time they played.  Chilhowie caught them on time #5, and Chilhowie out-executed them and out-hustled them.  Galax would have given Riverheads a much better game, but Galax didn’t earn the right to be there.

I don't disagree, but it seemed like he was throwing a lot of shade at Chilhowie. 

17 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Well said sir. Chilhowie caught a few rough breaks in the state championship game last year and Galax didn’t have their best player but that was last year. Chilhowie for sure has not played down to their competition. It would have been easy for a team as loaded at chilhowie this year to lay an egg against a PH or a GW but Coach Robinson has those boys laser focused. I have no clue what region C looks like but with all this hype let’s hope they both make it

I am like you, I do not know much about the region D teams. Although Galax has a loooonnnggg ways to go and alot of football with some good teams in between now and the state semis. Even if we win the next two it looks as though it will be a rematch with a 8 and 2 Narrows team.   I didn't see the red team last year but the 2015, and 2016 teams was very very good. 

2 hours ago, Smyhcounty said:

Its game day!  Like CHS90 said, its win or go home.  Kickoff forecast at 7pm for Chilhowie,  47˚, 50% Rain.  Going to be another wet one like last week just a little colder.  Bring your rain gear!

Bring on the playoffs!! Can't wait.