Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SXSW

TSSAA Playoffs

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Those Greeneville kids look like college players!

Once they made their adjustments and got rolling after being tied at 21, there was no stopping them.

The reason that Greeneville looks like a college team is because a lot of them are college players........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first day is in the books of the Blue Cross Bowl. In 4A Greenville (15-0) defeated Haywood County (10-5) 56-21 for it's fourth state title and owns back to back championships for the second time in school history, they have won 30 in a row and are as close as to a perfect football team as you will ever had watched. In 6A Oakland (14-1) defeated Whitehaven (11-4) 37-0 for it's fourth title and first since 2008, they beat Maryville and Whitehaven by a combined 75-0 the last two weeks. It was the first shut of Maryville in 18 years!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SXSW said:

The reason that Greeneville looks like a college team is because a lot of them are college players........

Oh, definitely! Even beyond the size and muscles, they just look like they're 25 yrs old. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Oh, definitely! Even beyond the size and muscles, they just look like they're 25 yrs old. haha

The announcers last night on the game spent much of the second quarter bragging about the lifting program at Greeneville, Dorrian Goddard the UVa, commit is said to able to bench 350 and squat 550 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SXSW said:

The announcers last night on the game spent much of the second quarter bragging about the lifting program at Greeneville, Dorrian Goddard the UVa, commit is said to able to bench 350 and squat 550 

I heard that, and it definitely shows! Very, very impressive weight lifting program there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I heard that, and it definitely shows! Very, very impressive weight lifting program there.

I hope this isn't the last great Greeneville team, there are rumors floating around that Ballard may step down. I listened to the fourth quarter on Greenville's radio broadcast and the announcers that they were unsure he would return. I hope he does not leave but who knows!

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I hope this isn't the last great Greeneville team, there are rumors floating around that Ballard may step down. I listened to the fourth quarter on Greenville's radio broadcast and the announcers that they were unsure he would return. I hope he does not leave but who knows!

  

If he were thinking of leaving, I'm sure he would have many suitors. Too young to retire. It would be a shame if he did though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to put a bow on the 2018 season.

In 1A: Whitewell defeated Cornersville 7-6. it was Whitwell 1st title.

In 2A: Peabody defeated Trousdale County 17-9.

In 3A: Alcoa defeated Covington 21-14 is was Alcoa's 17th state title breaking a tie with Maryville.

In 4A: Greeneville defeated Haywood County 56-21. It is the Greene Devils 4th state title

In 5A: Knox Central defeated Henry County 14-9

In 6A: Oakland defeated Whitehaven 37-0

In Division 2:

1A: Davidson Academy defeated FCA 39-27

2A: CPA defeated BGA 41-21

3A: Brentwood Academy defeated MUS 28-6

I went 5-4 picking champions, the private school got me I went 1-2. Thanks for letting me post!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×