Rain already playing a factor in Region C

swva_havok_fan

Two games in Region C have already been affected by weather:

Class 2, Region C quarterfinal between James River and Gretna has been moved to Thursday at 6:00 pm.

Class 1, Region C quarterfinal between Parry McCluer and Bath County has been moved to Southern Virginia University to artificial turf, still scheduled for Friday at 7:00.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Two games in Region C have already been affected by weather:

Class 2, Region C quarterfinal between James River and Gretna has been moved to Thursday at 6:00 pm.

Class 1, Region C quarterfinal between Parry McCluer and Bath County has been moved to Southern Virginia University to artificial turf, still scheduled for Friday at 7:00.

The shape their field was in this past Friday, I wish they would have done that then.  Haven't seen a field in that bad a shape in week 11 since Appalachia.

You guys kill me. You act as if games were not moved back in the day. We played in mud up to our knees mentality. Games were moved "ALL THE TIME" due to rain and snow and sometimes even cancelled. Now I realize that when the postponed games were played it was still quite muddy and not ideal. We are smarter and have the ability to know more about weather so why not take advantage of it?

Go back and look through the score sheets I have on each team's history and look at all the postponed games. The only difference is they were played on Saturday, Monday or a mutual open date in the future.

17 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

The shape their field was in this past Friday, I wish they would have done that then.  Haven't seen a field in that bad a shape in week 11 since Appalachia.

Jus'n  like Uncal vern....xcuses alda time!  Green Water got butt whoop  

No one ever knocks the College Football Playoff (or BCS when it was in existence) or the NFL playing the Super Bowl in warm weather or domed stadiums, yet all the knocking of these high schools. Regular season is okay for the dirt, mud, and rain and occasional snow. Playoff games shouldn't need to be decided by weather, only by play. The cold will play a factor anyway. I'm assuming that any school that doesn't have natural grass is tough enough either. So Richlands, Honaker, Salem, Radford, Graham and Bluefield, Princeton, any area college team and many more high school teams are surely not tough enough. Dig up the fields and plant some grass. I wish Tazewell could get the turf since the field is used so much.

As far as I can remember I have never seen a game moved at Bullit Park due to rain. The field is pretty good about draining and holds up decent compared to others in the area. The Bears just better hold on to the ball a little tighter this week, and hope the defense can pitch a shutout again!!!

44 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

Has UNION ever moved a game due to weather....Just asking I've sat in the rain the last to weeks....Looks like this week to?

I really don't mind it is what it is..LoL

15 minutes ago, #BBN said:

As far as I can remember I have never seen a game moved at Bullit Park due to rain. The field is pretty good about draining and holds up decent compared to others in the area. The Bears just better hold on to the ball a little tighter this week, and hope the defense can pitch a shutout again!!!

The only game I can recall being moved due to weather was Union/Lee in 2015 and that one was at Lee. The Park is probably the best draining grass field in the area.

i can personally say there is about 12 to 15 inches of sand under the turf somewhere, after the flood of 1977 COACH BOLLING had us all down there raking the sand and putting the crown on the field. BERMUDA GRASS was added by PHIL and over the years tons of turf builder have maintained the field.What you cant do is replace grass that is torn up during a rain event during a game, as i stated before the next game is my concern and the fact that if someone complains to the VHSL the game may be moved to....uuugh!WISE CENTRAL

23 hours ago, #BBN said:

What happened to sucking it up and playing in the rain? I know they want it to be even matched for both teams, but football can’t always be played on a perfect day with sunshine and it be 65!!!  Man things have sure changed over the years!!

It’s all about that money. Most of the players would love to play in a mud bowl but with a schools entire athletic budget depends on the football gate administration will move games for better gates. Your average fair weather fan isn’t sitting in the rain and cold for a football game. Also if you top 2 seed why would you destroy your field in the first round only to play in terrible conditions in the second or have to move you home game to a different field.

Benjamin Cates @bencates8

Region 3C Football: Brookville's first-round game against Fluvanna will still be played Friday at 7 p.m. but has been moved to Amherst County High School. #LNApreps

Benjamin Cates Retweeted Liberty Minutemen

Liberty Minutemen @MinutemenPride 

The Region 3C Football Playoff game has been moved from Friday, November 9th to Thursday, November 8th. The game will be played at Spotswood HS at 7pm.

great state

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

i can personally say there is about 12 to 15 inches of sand under the turf somewhere, after the flood of 1977 COACH BOLLING had us all down there raking the sand and putting the crown on the field. BERMUDA GRASS was added by PHIL and over the years tons of turf builder have maintained the field.What you cant do is replace grass that is torn up during a rain event during a game, as i stated before the next game is my concern and the fact that if someone complains to the VHSL the game may be moved to....uuugh!WISE CENTRAL

Nope don't have to move it to wise got a field in Appalachia that is in great shape not been played on since last month just go up there. Then we will hear everyone complaining about that including the big stone faithful.

52 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

Nope don't have to move it to wise got a field in Appalachia that is in great shape not been played on since last month just go up there. Then we will hear everyone complaining about that including the big stone faithful.

Could you imagine that , ghost of the Stonega Stallion, Tom Turner,and Jim Riggs still haunt that field , I would love it and I think most fans would love it, fuuuuuge that would be great and freak out a “Speed Team”like Graham . Screw it great ideal let’s do it

20 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Could you imagine that , ghost of the Stonega Stallion, Tom Turner,and Jim Riggs still haunt that field , I would love it and I think most fans would love it, fuuuuuge that would be great and freak out a “Speed Team”like Graham . Screw it great ideal let’s do it

I would love to see a playoff game at the Dog House again.